SITREP-Marcus

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP-Marcus

Post by Jim »

Edgerusher71 wrote:Rangers I passed through the gauntlet that is Cole Range and am moving on to week 3 of RASP. We lost 26 guys the first day there, 29 counting the 3 that quit before the ruck out there. My class started with 136 and now is down to 87 after 2 weeks. I would also like inform you that Affirm 369 and Jake-the-Snake are in the same class as me and also successfully completed Cole Range.

For you future guys out there Cole Range sucks but its something you will just have to put up with. That part of the course is hard but doable.
Good SITREP; thanks for the update on the other mentees.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Good SitRep, Now finish your mission and DON'T QUIT.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Been awhile since I posted a SITREP but I've kept Ranger Invictus up to date on my progress. We finished up week 5 of RASP today with our 12 miler I'm looking forward to these last few weeks of awesome training and getting to the line. Driving on Rangers.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Edgerunner, I'm proud of you. Never, never quit!
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Rangers,

We wrapped up week 7 last week with our final PT test and some awesome training on breaching. Today was the first day of grad week and we got our battalion assignments today. I'm pleased to inform you that I'll be staying here at 3/75. We receive our berets tomorrow to begin shaving and shaping then I officially join the Regiment this Friday.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

B Co 3/75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Edgerusher71 wrote: I'm pleased to inform you that I'll be staying here at 3/75. We receive our berets tomorrow to begin shaving and shaping then I officially join the Regiment this Friday.
Well done. Please ensure that you post a photo of you and your new beret and scroll.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
benford46
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by benford46 »

Congratulations,maybe you will meet my son ,he will be wearing a tan beret,with a great work ethic ,and a never quit attitude.
Hey thats every Ranger!!!
RLTW!!
Ben in Texas
Army 73-79

Proud father of 3/75 Ranger
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

After I don't know how long on this site I can proudly report to you that I donned the tan beret as I graduated today with RASP class 02-13. This has been a long time coming and there is only harder work to be done but for this weekend I'm gonna enjoy the fact that I accomplished something I set out to do a long time ago I can finally call myself a Ranger. Thank you for keeping this site going and helping wannabes like me join the brotherhood...its now my job to stay.

B Co 3/75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Edgerusher71 wrote:After I don't know how long on this site I can proudly report to you that I donned the tan beret as I graduated today with RASP class 02-13. This has been a long time coming and there is only harder work to be done but for this weekend I'm gonna enjoy the fact that I accomplished something I set out to do a long time ago I can finally call myself a Ranger. Thank you for keeping this site going and helping wannabes like me join the brotherhood...its now my job to stay.
Invictus should be proud. I know I am! Amazing how far you have progressed since you first came to armyranger.com two-and- a-half years ago. By the way, your guest speaker is an old friend on mine. Ranger CSM Jeff Mellinger is one of the finest soldiers I've known. When he retired, he was the last Viet-Nam era draftee on active duty. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Well done Marcus, you've certainly got reason to be proud. We'll linkup soon for a beer.

I'm reminded of something I saw a while back that said: "When you have one of those moments when your life flashes before your eyes...make sure you've done something worth watching".

Mission Accomplished.
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Rangers, I've been at 3/75 for a little over 2 months anyway I could get my title upgraded to Ranger?

B Co 3/75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Edgerusher71 wrote:Rangers, I've been at 3/75 for a little over 2 months anyway I could get my title upgraded to Ranger?
Ranger have you sent a packet responding to the packet Steadfast sent you?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Jim wrote:
Edgerusher71 wrote:Rangers, I've been at 3/75 for a little over 2 months anyway I could get my title upgraded to Ranger?
Ranger have you sent a packet responding to the packet Steadfast sent you?
I haven't received a packet I'll inbox Ranger Steadfast and get squared away Ranger Jim.

B Co 3/75

Return to “Recruitment Process”