Complete Stag Lower, Is this a good deal?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
CWeber
Ranger

Re: Complete Stag Lower, Is this a good deal?

Post by CWeber »

Yes. That is a good deal. Any AR upper will work.
B. Co. 3/75 92-94
Wpns Plt.
RS 10/93

-Only dead fish follow the stream-
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Ditto. That's a good deal. Especially with the extras.

Generally the stripped lower with the standard parts kit are about $200-230 (plus shipping) depending on where you get it. I have seen the complete lowers (assembled) from about $225-$260+ depending on which parts kit you get.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

All lowers are NOT created equal when it comes to internal dimensions. Yes they should work interchangeably, however there can be significant differences in the amount of internal machining done.

Google Drop In Auto Sear & Lightning Link and you can start to see some of the reasoning behind the differences. http://www.quarterbore.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has an assload of info as well.

ar15.com has some great walk throughs, including technical crap like foot pounds of torque, etc. explained in layman's terms.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

vossman wrote:I'll clarify my dimension stance: if you are looking at dropping in factory internals, they will fit in all lowers of that same caliber. MOST if not all after-market trigger groups (timney, mccormick, etc.) will also drop in. The manufacturers must do this if they want to sell their products.
Probably a moot point if you bought this deal anyways.
Yeah, OK, I was being nit-picky. I'm just pissed at all the vendors who caved and started to "backfill" the receiver.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “Weapons of War”