"RIP" News Story

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Dublo
Ranger

"RIP" News Story

Post by Dublo »

Here's an article I found on RIP on soc.mil.

http://www.soc.mil/News/releases/04AUG/040823-01.htm
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

1SG John Brady.....I had a squad leader by that name...
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I knew a guy named Chad Campbell from back in the day too.

For some reason it always freaks me out to read about guys I served with. I remember them being fucked up privates, or remember them as a Spc4 when they just came back from school, and now they are all anywhere from SSgt's to 1Sgt's.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

Fish3069 wrote:Is that Chad from our day CD?
I think it might be, the rank would be right, he should be a SFC easily by now. As I remember Chad left 1/75 to go to RIP but damn that was a long time ago. You wouldn't think he would be stuck there that long. You never know maybe those 3/75 guys kept telling him how good it is at benning and he decided to stay. Hard to imagine anyone choosing to stay there over a chance to return to Savannah. But those 3/75 guys are kind of whacky like that, hence the reason they are at benning :wink:
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I'd say it is.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

You know, I wondered about the time-frame myself. The story is dated pretty recently, but I don't know if I buy it. Published/posted recently, maybe; but not written. We should defer to the 'H8'.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Saltbitch wrote:You know, I wondered about the time-frame myself. The story is dated pretty recently, but I don't know if I buy it. Published/posted recently, maybe; but not written. We should defer to the 'H8'.
It was actually written for initial publication in The Bayonet:

Paper: http://www.thebayonet.com/
Article: http://www.thebayonet.com/stories/082004/08.htm

Where you even get a pretty picture:

McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Spartan wrote:
Saltbitch wrote:You know, I wondered about the time-frame myself. The story is dated pretty recently, but I don't know if I buy it. Published/posted recently, maybe; but not written. We should defer to the 'H8'.
It was actually written for initial publication in The Bayonet:

Paper: http://www.thebayonet.com/
Article: http://www.thebayonet.com/stories/082004/08.htm

Where you even get a pretty picture:

SO you see it is right over left, left over... no wait a minute it's the rabbit goes around the tree :lol:
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

That must be an old story recently re-run. One of the dudes in the picture that Spartan came up with was one of my privates and I got out in 2000.

The dude is an E-6 now.

Sorry, it was new to the Soc.mil site.

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

When that chick showed up from the Bayonet I just got done smoking the dog shit out of those fuckers. :twisted: Hence the nasty looking BDU's.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

H8 Train wrote:When that chick showed up from the Bayonet I just got done smoking the dog shit out of those fuckers. :twisted: Hence the nasty looking BDU's.

Why are you so mean?

Do you have issues?

:lol:
RSD 96-99
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

H8 Train wrote:When that chick showed up from the Bayonet I just got done smoking the dog shit out of those fuckers. :twisted: Hence the nasty looking BDU's.
They seemed focoused in the pic. Why would you be so mean and fuck with, what looks to me, to squared away wannabees? :twisted:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

What is the Ranger first response exam that mentioned in the article oc soc.mil?
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

I am pretty sure that they are talking about a Combat Lifesaver Course.

I think it is supposed to be worded Ranger First Responder.

Return to “About RASP”