Looking for old Scroll

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

ski20
Tadpole

Looking for old Scroll

Post by ski20 »

Hello Rangers, I am looking for an authentic old Scroll to give to my dad for a little side gift for x-mas. He has either lost it over the years or tossed them when the new ones came to be regulation. Any info would be great and much appriciated. He was 3rd Batt. if it helps any.

Thanks for your time Rangers.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Looking for old Scroll

Post by KW Driver »

So what did the "old" 3rd Bn scroll look like? More importantly, when did he serve?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
ski20
Tadpole

Re: Looking for old Scroll

Post by ski20 »

hhh
Last edited by ski20 on May 16th, 2018, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

3d batt never had an 'old scroll'.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
ski20
Tadpole

Post by ski20 »

Ranger Zonk, yes he must have because he said he liked the old scrolls better, Like I said im not too familiar with his past. I just saw his 3rd bn scrolls (red white and black, and green and black) in a little case that a couple of medals are in.

Ranger Ingraham, thank you I did not know that so I guess my search is over unless I can find out what other batt he was in.

PS he was 18 when he was in Grenada and he either did 4 or 5 years in the 75th. So 1983-1987 or 88'.
PxRanger
Ranger

Post by PxRanger »

ski20 wrote:Ranger Zonk, yes he must have because he said he liked the old scrolls better, Like I said im not too familiar with his past. I just saw his 3rd bn scrolls (red white and black, and green and black) in a little case that a couple of medals are in.

Ranger Ingraham, thank you I did not know that so I guess my search is over unless I can find out what other batt he was in.
Just get him an Old Scroll 1/75 and a 2/75 to cover both bases. They only cost a few bucks on ebay and elsewhere. After Christmas get him to register over here so he can link up with some old Ranger buddies.
81-84 NYARNG
84-85 C 2/75 2nd Plt Weapons Squad
85 Pre-Ranger North Fort Lewis
85-86 C 2/75 Supply
86 - Medical Reclassification to leg land
86-87 9th AFSC

"Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield. You just happen to like being the bug, Ranger." ~SSG Paniagua
ski20
Tadpole

Post by ski20 »

hhhh
Last edited by ski20 on May 16th, 2018, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ski20
Tadpole

Post by ski20 »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:To keep it accurate PM me his full name and we can find out exactly where he was for you. That way we can get the correct scroll.

I know my Xmas would be absolutely ruined if my boy got me a 2nd Bn scroll and he would never be allowed in my house again………… :D

Ranger Zonk, thank you haha. PM sent.
ski20
Tadpole

Post by ski20 »

Rangers,

On my way to the Pats game with the old man, and he said he was in the 1st Batt. When they jumped into Grenada. Thanks for the help. GO PATS!
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ski20 wrote:Rangers,

On my way to the Pats game with the old man, and he said he was in the 1st Batt. When they jumped into Grenada. Thanks for the help. GO PATS!
Your fathers name wouldn't happen to be Mike K. would it?? Biker type? Owns a small building company?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
ski20
Tadpole

Post by ski20 »

hhhhhhh
Last edited by ski20 on May 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ski20 wrote:No Ranger Cams sorry. Paul C
Roger. Thought I might know him. Thx.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Print this out and give it to your Dad. It would be good for him to tell you who is Commander and 1st Sergeant were while he was there. Service in the 1st Ranger Bn is a great honor and he should provide you with more details of his service.

Ranger posthumously awarded USASOC Medic of the Year
By Tracy A. Bailey
75th Ranger Regiment Public Affairs

Sgt. Jonathan K. Peney
FORT BENNING, Ga. (USASOC News Service, Dec. 6, 2010) – “Fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession,” a phrase from the Ranger Creed, but one that Sgt. Jonathan K. Peney, 22, lived and died by as a Ranger combat medic.

“Sgt. Peney was a devoted and extraordinary Ranger medic,” said Capt. Andrew Fisher, 1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment physician assistant. “He possessed all of the talents and maturity necessary to excel both personally and professionally in any organization.”

Peney, who was assigned to Co. D, 1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment at Hunter Army Airfield, Ga., was on his fourth combat rotation as the company medic when he was killed by enemy forces.

For his actions on and off the battlefield, Peney was posthumously awarded the 2010 U.S. Army Special Operations Command Medic of the Year and the Special Operations Medical Association Medic of the Year.

“Intrinsically motivated, Sgt. Peney captivated the medical staff’s attention as one to watch for positions of greater responsibility,” said Fisher. “He was always searching for ways to increase his understanding of medicine and ultimately provide the better care for his patients.”

When Peney’s company deployed ahead of the battalion, Peney volunteered to deploy with them. He had just nine days to recover after graduating from the grueling U.S. Army Ranger School and left his new bride of just a few months.

“Sgt. Peney could not stay back and watch his platoon deploy to a combat zone without him,” said Fisher. “This is a testament to his selfless service. “

While on his final deployment in support of the war on terror, Peney treated casualties from two separate enemy engagements.

The first engagement was a complex attack on an airfield in Afghanistan, a Soldier stepped on a land mine and Peney applied a tourniquet and stopped the bleeding before directing the Soldier’s evacuation to a higher level of medical care.

In the second engagement, without regard for his own safety, Peney reacted to effective enemy indirect fire outside of his barracks area. With his medic aid bag slung over his shoulder, he was the first to respond to the scene and immediately identified and triaged five international workers wounded in the attack.

“Sgt. Peney immediately conducted casualty triage and determined the most critical patient to be a man with an amputated leg,” said Fisher. “In addition to stabilizing this patient, Sgt. Peney directed the other medics on the scene to stabilize their patients and move them inside to the casualty collection point that he had established.”

Like the seasoned combat veteran and medic that he was, Peney took charge and controlled the chaos in the room.

“He issued calm and clear directives to three medics, a physician’s assistant and a physician,” said Fisher. “He triaged and organized the evacuation of all the patients based on their priority. All of the patients lived as a result of Sgt. Peney’s courage under indirect fire, his responsiveness and his expert application of trauma management.”

Peney’s last full measure of devotion was given on June 1, 2010, in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan.

His platoon had successfully conducted a search and attack operation a couple of days earlier and secured a strongpoint for the day. Shortly after sunrise, the enemy attacked the strongpoint from three directions with an intense barrage from small arms, rocket propelled grenades and sniper fire.

During the initial volley, a team leader sustained two gunshot wounds and was critically wounded.

“Without hesitation and with complete disregard for his own personal safety, Sgt. Peney ran through effective automatic weapons fire to get to his wounded Ranger,” said Fisher. “He was killed by enemy fire while moving under heavy fire to provide aid to the Ranger.”

“Fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession…never shall I fail my comrades,” Another phrase from the Creed all Rangers live by.

“Sgt. Peney was a fine example of what we expect a Ranger Medic to be,” said Fisher. “He not only challenged himself every day, but also his peers and the medical providers. I will miss him constantly asking medical questions, for which he had no shortage.”

The U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Command Sgt. Maj. reviewed the nomination packets from throughout the command. The nominations consisted of two pages of unclassified recommendations from the medics’ supervisors and endorsements from their chain of command.

Peney’s mother, Sue Peney and his wife Kristin, will accept the awards on his behalf.
“Jon was always very compassionate and curious from the start of his life to the end of his life,” said Sue Peney. “He loved being a Ranger Medic. He knew what had to be done. I know in spirit he stands by his wife and me, and most importantly the men he loved in his unit.”

On Dec. 12, 2010, the U.S. Army Special Operations Command surgeon will recognize Peney at the USASOC Army Special Operations Forces Medic Conference in Tampa, Fla.

On Dec. 14, 2010, the Special Operations Medical Association (SOMA) will recognize Peney during their annual Mess Night, held in honor of fallen Special Operations Warriors.
The ceremonies will highlight his outstanding service and dedication to U.S. Army Special Operations.

“My only wish would be to have him here, when the award is being presented,” added Sue. “This is indeed an honor. But all who know 'Doc' Peney would say that he was just being 'Doc,' caring about others above himself.”

--usasoc--
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08

Return to “The Mosh Pit”