Introduction- LeRoy

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

burly27
Embryo

Introduction- LeRoy

Post by burly27 »

RANGERS,

I am 26 years old male planning on enlisting in the active army to better the life for my family and myself. I want to go either combat medic 68W or infantry 11B; with option 40 in my contract. I have a background in the medic field so 68W being my first choice. I am motivated so I see myself moving through the ranks after I prove my worth, knowledge and skill. I have talked with my wife and she supports my decision all the way.
I currently have issues that will slow down my enlistment process. I made a big mistake but have accepted the consequences for my actions. I took money from a bank account that did not belong to me to help pay bills I was falling behind in. I was facing felony charges with up to 2 years in prison. The DA and judge worked with me and my lawyer on getting the charges reduced to a misdemeanor with no jail time because of my cooperation. The night of my arrest I was released because the DA felt I would not be a flight risk. They felt that this being a first time offense and because of my character in general that I would not be a repeat offender. I have to complete 1 year interim probation with no problems to have the charges reduced. I have embarrassed my wife, my family, myself and lost people I thought were friends because of this one bad choice. You learn a lot about how strong you are physically and mentally at your weakest moments. I am willing to request letters of recommendation from the judge, DA, arresting officer, probation department and others like my Church Pastor.
I have a few questions;
Would I be able to get a moral waiver for this offense?
Would I be able to obtain the clearance level for a Ranger?

I have no medical history and no past history of drug use. I graduated High School in 2003 around mid class. I am looking for structure in my life. I have the will to become a Ranger just need a push in the right direction. I will never quit on this dream and won’t take no as an answer. To be selected to Army Rangers I have been told I have to stand out. I proved once before I had loyalty, duty, respect, self- service, honor, personal courage, discipline and motivation for a passion. I was a firefighter from 2001 until this past July; 5 ½ years as a Fire Captain and the last 3 years as a part time paid firefighter. It was my goal to make a career out of firefighting and it became the most demanding challenge of my life. People doubted me about ever becoming a career firefighter and I proved them wrong and anyone doubting me now will also be proved wrong. I understand it a 100% volunteer program and I am ready to accept it. I will volunteer for all three; the Army, Airborne School and Ranger School. Thanks for any input from the best of the best that LEAD THE WAY.

LCB
Future US Army Soldier
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction- LeRoy

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to serve as an Army Ranger is appreciated. You may have issues with obtaining a Secret Security Clearance. The only way to find out is to talk with your recruiter and the folks at MEPS. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
burly27
Embryo

Post by burly27 »

Thanks Ranger Bill. I have read the ROE PM you sent me. Anything you or other Rangers request is my desire to complete.

LCB
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

I do not speak for the recruiters or the Army - I only speak here for myself and my own personal thoughts on your issue.
My Ranger days are long in the past. After leaving the Army I spent 30 years in banking, retiring as a VP and group manager. I have seen a number of thefts committed, some armed, but most done with a pen. It didn't matter to me if someone stole from an elderly widow's pension or from a billion dollar corporation - it was always felonious theft.
I don't care how you and your attorney wheedled your deal with the DA or what a good boy your priest says you are - you stole someone else's money.

I would not want you in my unit. That's my opinion.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Lefty wrote:I would not want you in my unit. That's my opinion.
Concure.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
burly27
Embryo

Post by burly27 »

RANGERS thanks for your opinions, sorry to to hear this.

LCB
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

burly27 wrote:RANGERS thanks for your opinions, sorry to to hear this.

LCB
burly27 wrote:Rangers thank you for your opinions, sorry to hear this but it gives me more drive. Thanks

LCB
No reason to post twice, I, therefore will remove your 2nd post. Any & all posts you make has to be approved by a Moderator & sometimes you wait until one reads what needs to be released- it is our way of dealing with spammers & other important items.
Do not apologize.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
burly27
Embryo

Post by burly27 »