Introduction-Ryan

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

P Ryan
Embryo

Introduction-Ryan

Post by P Ryan »

Good day Rangers,
My name is Ryan and I have been interested in serving my country. I just graduated High School 4 months earlier than the rest of my class, and I am prepared to give my life for my country. I am currently 18 years young, 5' 7", weighing in at 140lbs(actually trying to gain a few pounds)and I just quit smoking cigarettes. I am reading an ASVAB for dummies type book to help prepare myself for this test so I can achieve the highest score possible. Tomorrow I will be going to my local recruiter and I will be asking for an Opt. 40 contract, as for what I want to do in the services, I am not for sure. I love being outside, and I love being challenged mentally and physically. I am prepared for anything the Army can dish out to me. Thank you for letting my join your community, and I will keep posting as I get closer and closer to signing the Opt. 40.

Thanks,
Ryan
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Ryan

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to serve our country as an Army Ranger is appreciated. Do not sign anything unless the contract is what you want, not what they talk you into, and keep us posted. Be sure to rad and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
P Ryan
Embryo

Post by P Ryan »

Thanks Ranger Bill,

ROE PM read and understood.

As for being talked into a different contract, hell no. If they don't have my Opt. 40 then I have a phone they can contact me on to tell me when they do get one. I will not settle for anything less.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Private may be the lowest military rank, but it is one rank higher than what you are now.
Pick a new callsign there Mr Ryan.

Welcome to a great resource.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
P Ryan
Embryo

Post by P Ryan »

Ranger K.Ingraham,

Sorry for my foolish mistake, I thought my name would be humorous in correlation to the movie Saving Private Ryan. I have searched the User Control Panel though, and cannot find a way to change my name.

On the other hand, I will be visiting with my local recruiter today at 0300 and negotiating my signing of an 11x Opt. 40 Contract, wish me luck Rangers.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of Pvt.Ryan wrote:Ranger K.Ingraham,

I have searched the User Control Panel though, and cannot find a way to change my name.
Welcome P Ryan, I have modified your name, you are good 2 go.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
P Ryan
Embryo

Post by P Ryan »

Thanks Ranger Steadfast.

As for the recruiter talk today, it went perfect. I took a practice ASVAB and scored a 50, next week on Thursday I will be taking the actual ASVAB and finding out what I will be doing for the Army.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

That is a dedicated Recruiter, to be there at 3 in the morning. :mrgreen: Good luck with your enlistment, these Rangers are a wealth of information and you should soak it all up.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “Introduction Archive”