Introduction - D

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

hickey86
Egg

Introduction - D

Post by hickey86 »

Hi everyone, glad to be apart of this forum. My is D*****, im 24 years old planning on enlisting with the National Guard. Taking Asvab at Meps monday, scored 80 AFQT at the recruiters practice test. Well planning on going 11B and trying to go airborne and hopefully pre-ranger? They said they could not offer that option in my contract since we don't have any SF units in my state, but told me I could get there hopefully in BCT or when I come back to my unit? Ok i already like to workout on my own. heres my routine

4 Miles every other day
Gym alt days (low-weight high reps)
2 miles 13:30
71 pushups
70 Situps
20+ Pullups

I just need some advice on how to get to where I need to get within the Guard. Thank you very much. D*****

Edited for PERSEC!
hickey86
Egg

Re: Introduction - D

Post by hickey86 »

Thank you for your reply Zonk, I would join the regular Army but my family situation right now is screwed down to the state. Long story short , National Guard fits my agenda right now, I plan to go active later. I'm currently waiting for all my paperwork to be squared away by my recruiter so I can enlist. Passed my physical at MEPS last week, failed the PIP and FALANT but passed the Red and Green card test. Was wondering how this is going to affect me in Airborne or Ranger school? I don't think it could since I have to go for Infantry. Maybe somebody can help me out on that question? The Unit I will be assigned to tells me they just sent 2 11bs to ranger school, and they will have a rigging unit eventually hopefully next year so we can be an airborne unit. Rumors are a SF detachment unit soon from another state??

Return to “Introduction Archive”