Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

D.Mon
Egg

Introduction

Post by D.Mon »

Everyone,

About me: I'm 25, I assist in managing and working in my family's business, and I'm highly motivated on becoming a Ranger. I've always possessed the desire to be a soldier but I felt that my responsibilities were to my family and the business first. My father's business is construction and I manage sub-contractors and quality control on the floor. I suppose the catalyst for me to make the push towards a military career was in late 2009 my father was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. He was treated at the VA and is recovering from surgery but with the current economic instability and competition from unregulated workers, we're in the process of selling the company and the equipment. These events have only galvanized me to further my ambitions and I thank everyone here from the Rangers who share their invaluable knowledge to the hopefuls that give perspective. Have a wonderful Veteran's Day and thank you all again.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in Army Rangers is appreciated. Keep us posted on how things progress when you begin taking with a recruiter. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
D.Mon
Egg

Post by D.Mon »

Rangers,

I have begun speaking with a recruiter these last two weeks. I'm in the pre-processing period at the moment procuring medical documents on a non-invasive childhood surgery and my pre/post op information on my Lasik eye surgery. From the information I've ascertained on this site it seems that there's a mandatory six month waiting period after Lasik to gain a waiver. I'm currently in month 4 of 6, I haven't spoken to my recruiter yet, I have an appointment with him on Thursday. However, I assume this means that a MEPS visit will have to be postponed until I have my paperwork from the sixth month mark? If that's true does that also mean that I'll have to wait to be processed then wait again another averaged 6 months waiting period for an 11x opt 40 to open, assuming the best?

Time isn't an enemy I suppose and if anything I'll have a half of a year to supplicate myself to it and do my best at PTing and setting myself up for success.

Thank you Rangers.
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Unless we have established a dialogue, do not PM me out of the blue.
I suggest you post your recruiting question on this forum.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"

Return to “Introduction Archive”