Mark Turkali reporting from OSUT.

Basic & AIT
Mark Turkali
Embryo

Mark Turkali reporting from OSUT.

Post by Mark Turkali »

Hello everyone, I'm on my 7th week right now, everything's going pretty smooth now. 1st 4 weeks sucked dick, stayed on total control for 4 weeks, lots of PT all day longand not much sleep, not sitting down for more than 2 minutes per each meal a day, but it made me a bit harder now. Guess it's a tiny taste of RIP. There's still lots of "Do pushups you" and "Toe to fucking line" but it doesn't bother me now, my PT scores went up a lot. I shot expert on BRM, one of 3 of the 220 people in E1-19. We're starting to actually learn some infantry shit now instead of how to buff floors. I am in 3rd Platoon, the best and hardest plattoon in E Co. Like I said, it sucked at first, but I'm happy we were doing PT while the other platoons slept and got the shit smoked out of us when someone ate cake in the chow hall. Mike Cole is also in my platoon, he uses these forums. I think it's all downhill now until RIP, but I'll do my best to improve and maintain what I have. I can't fucking wait until RIP, I'll do my 100% best, that's all I can do. I'll check this next week, should be getting another pass then, unless DS Hill decides to take it away. I'll talk to you all later, wish me luck.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Drive on, Turk....
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Listen to our Pastor. Good Luck!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

keep pushing.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Thanks for the report, Turk. Keep up the good work....the best is yet to come. :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Wondered what happened to ya. It's been awhile. Thanks for the SITREP.

Sounds like you're doing good. Keep up the good work and drive on to the objective.

RLTW
Bell
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

I'm checking in as well, like Turkali said I'm in his platoon. We've got about 8-10 guys with Option 40 contracts and its possible to volunteer for RIP here according to our Captain if you score 270 on the PT test we have tomorrow.

I'm sure they've watered down OSUT quite a bit in the past few years but from what I've seen alot is dependent on your Drill Sergeants, ours have higher standards than some of the others so hopefully that will help prepare me better for RIP. Overall though its pretty damn easy although dealing with the boredom and bullshit can make it suck. The roadmarches are ridicously easy, our rucks are way too light and the pace is slooow. After the first few weeks you've got to supplement the daily PT with your own during personal time. Not too much else to add, just can't wait to move on to something a little more challenging and high speed.
"And then I heard the Lord say, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' And then said I, here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
Bell

Post by Bell »

It's great to hear from you guys. You asked, we explained it, now it's up to you. Drive on soldiers. Keep in touch.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good job, MPC. You guys keep the momentum going!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

If you guys think this sucks, just wait until.......oh, nevermind, you'll find out. One day at a time...just do the very best you can EVERY day, and before you know it they'll be calling you RANGER!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Double Edged Blade
Tadpole

Post by Double Edged Blade »

---
Last edited by Double Edged Blade on April 20th, 2005, 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

MPC
I'll assume you're doing fine. I'll be in your neck of the woods shortly so PM me!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Turkali & MPC keep striving ahead. Stay focused and Drive On.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

E 1/19, huh? I'm Kitchen from B 1/19. If you don't know, ask Taylor. He's a restart from Bravo now in your company. While you're at it, ask him if he wants to play gin rummy for some money - you'll thank me later. :lol:

Return to “About OSUT”