Anyone tried this crossfit workout?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
gillieman03
Embryo

Anyone tried this crossfit workout?

Post by gillieman03 »

Rangers/Members

Here's a killer workout I got from crossfit called Station 4:00 WOD
There are 5 stations. At each station you will perform the movement at maximum intensity for the specified amount of time, cycling through the stations in the order given. The workout takes 4 hours to complete.

Station A: running
Station B: burpees
Station C: pullups
Station D: squat jumps
Station E: bear crawl or lunges (I prefer bear crawls)

round 1: 5:00 at each station, for total of 25:00
round 2: 12:00 at each station, for total of 1:00:00
round 3: 30:00 at each station, for total of 2:30:00
round 4: 1:00 at each station, for total of 5:00
gillieman03
Embryo

Re: Anyone tried this crossfit workout?

Post by gillieman03 »

Ranger JLTW, that workout by no means is an every other day or once a week workout.. should only be done like once every 2 weeks minimum If you wanted ha and exactly, who has 4 hours to do a workout like this? haha I attended a crossfit session with xxxx (name deleted by Admin) and this was the workout we did and I hated every god damn second of it. Ya the point of CF is so you didn't have to spend all day workout... but there a a few workouts that are specifically designed for very experienced crossfitters that have a shit ton of running involved.
Last edited by Steadfast on October 3rd, 2014, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Scs_qns request Admin to delete name.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

LMFAO...that is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

dude thats not event the half of it man.. the same damn guy made a fucking workout that lasted 8 god damn hours. Guys gotta be on speed or crack to make these workouts up
Last edited by gillieman03 on August 29th, 2010, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

gillieman03 wrote:dude thats not event he half of it man.. the same damn guy made a fucking workout that lasted 8 god damn hours. Guys gotta be on speed or crack to make these workouts up
Dude? Man?

:?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Grew up on the beach... its a habit
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

That is absolutely retarded. Your form would go within the first 90 minutes and any strength/endurance benefit would be reduced to metabolic clusterfuck. Another reason why I'm starting to lose faith in Crossfit. It's unfocused and good for people who have no athletic ability other than working out. You want a good workout for four hours that is "sport specific" to your chosen future career? Go ruck with a 45 pound pack at five miles an hour for four hours.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

. wrote:
gillieman03 wrote:Grew up on the beach... its a habit
What? Drinking buddy? Mother fucker? You better figure out your operational environment with a quickness before you get dropped like a bad habit from this website.

Just cause I got a laugh I'd like to add the possibilities of "Assmonkey", "Shithead", "Fuckknuckles"????

Now I have to ask you Beach buddy, is to check your beach shit man... or a drill is going to have a field day with you.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

You should take this thread (from it's inception to its current state) as a gentle reminder why your best bet right now is to not post for a while and get some SA.

Four hour CF workouts are idiotic. Bear-crawling, burpees, pull ups or doing max lunges for thirty minutes is fucking retarded. So is the rest of that workout. The guy who does 8 hour CF workouts is a crackhead and will undoubtably fuck himself up before too long or worse lead enthusiastic people who can't do a KB swing properly to hurt themselves trying to emulate him.

We don't do 4 or 8 hour CF here nor does it have any kind of application for our work.

Read more and post less. Much more and much less.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

. wrote:
What? Drinking buddy? Mother fucker? You better figure out your operational environment with a quickness before you get dropped like a bad habit from this website.
I think he actually called you "hockey player"
crossfit is a fad workout designed to make some jackass a lot of money because of sheeple like you willing to buy their smedium affliction like t-shirts and pay money to join their gyms.
If you trying to get in shape to join the military, do lots of cardio, like running and strength building exercises like push ups and sit ups. You don't have to have a cameraman and a motivational yeller in order for a workout to be effective.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Ranger Surgeon, It was only like a 50 bucks to even attend the event and I figured well shit if I just tried it for a day I might get some good workout tips. But even after the workout it was just one big promotional event where he was just trying to get people to join his gym for like 400 bucks just to fucking workout. Half the people there were on their knees just so they could try takling to him, pretty sad if you ask me.
But do you think the 12 week RASP workout is adequate enough to really get someone physically and mentally prepared?
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

You don't listen to well either.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

IEDmagnet wrote:You don't listen to well either.
x2

I think I just heard him say "Fuck you .. I don't have to dignify your post with a response, dude."

:twisted:
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

gillieman03 wrote:But do you think the 12 week RASP workout is adequate enough to really get someone physically and mentally prepared?
No probably not...why the Regiment spent a ton of money and years of research to come up with this stuff is beyond me. I don't understand why they just find some random dude on the internet to opine on random drivel and run with that.... :roll:
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com

Return to “About Army Physical Training”