Introduction - Dan

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

ninjaman
Tadpole

Introduction - Dan

Post by ninjaman »

Hello, my name is Dan and I'm 18 year's old. This isn't my first time posting on this site, but it's been a while. Plus, I wasn't sure where else to post this information. Anyway, I just graduated the Alaska Military Youth Academy (one of the National Guard Youth ChalleNGe programs; probably one of the best things I've ever done). While I was there one of my instructors was a former Ranger (both scrolled and tabbed). He was a very inspiring person and I have the utmost respect for him.

Anyway, my goal is still to become a Ranger as it has been for the last 4 years. Having had a Ranger as an instructor I only want to do it more. Unfortunately I found out that I have hip displasia and a bone spur on my right hip, which will obviously be an obstacle to my goal. right now I'm going to college, but hopefully I can have my hip fixed and join the military. I know there are other ways to serve my country but right now the Army is all I can see myself doing.

I just wanted to say thank you to all who have served. Having met a former Ranger in person as my instructor I only have more respect for all of you. Thank you.
Romans 3:23-25

" 23 all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God.
24 They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his blood, to prove his righteousness because of the forgiveness of sins previously committed."
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Dan

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Thank you for your continued desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
ninjaman
Tadpole

Post by ninjaman »

Well, as it turns out that being a Ranger is probably not an option for me. The surgery they have to do would require them to put screws in my hip to hold it in place (which probably disqualifies me from airborne), there would be an extensive recovery time, and if I want to keep healthy hips, I probably wouldn't want to be doing the amount of running and repetitive impact exercises that they Army would require. This is very discouraging.
Romans 3:23-25

" 23 all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God.
24 They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his blood, to prove his righteousness because of the forgiveness of sins previously committed."
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

Welcome and thanks for your desire to serve. While your current condition may prohibit you from certain jobs in the military (couldn't tell you for sure), there are other ways to serve. Congrats on finishing your ChalleNGe program. Keep up the schooling, and continue to look at all avenues in the military, if that is where your heart is.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10

Return to “Introduction Archive”