12 Mile Ruck Weight

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
RangerX
Ranger

Re: 12 Mile Ruck Weight

Post by RangerX »

Yes the ruck weighs 35 pounds. What you put in it will add some though.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Rob
Inprocessing

Post by Rob »

angry infidel wrote:Hey Rob, if you want to train up - here's some advise when it comes to your PT training plan. Don't work out with any more than 50 lbs in your ruck. It just busts up your knees, shoulders, back and wears you down (in my opinion). Go heavier than 35 though! That doesn't get your shoulders used to the suck. About 50 is good. On your daily workouts don't go for more than 8 miles or so at a pop. Maybe once a week knock out a long one...anywhere between 8-15 miles. Really all you're doing is building up callouses on your feet and getting used to things being miserable. Also, don't ruck run unless you have to. You see guys ruck running all the time. Yeah, it's fucking hard and makes you look like a tough tit...but, if you plan on your body lasting a while - well, I guess that's your call. Man, what really got me on the fast track was a stair climber. Put on a 50 lb ruck, program in your body weight (minus the ruck) and go like hell on that bitch for 30-45 minutes at a time. I'm here to tell ya, it's a ball buster and it works great. Somebody else might have better tips than me. I'm no physical trainer! But, I'm a little skinny guy and I could always hump my freakin ass off, and these are my pearls. Ha, ha.
Thank you for your advice, Ranger angry infidel. At the moment Ranger Ndog275 has me doing step ups for 50 minutes and with 25 pounds once a week. I'd be hesitant to do actual rucking with more weight as I lack proper boots and a ruck with a frame. I have about 2 weeks left before I ship, so I can't really justify the purchases. I am definitely going to look to this in the future.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

VIPER--00 wrote:FUCKING MORTARS.

Just like the police, nobody likes us....till they need us. :mrgreen:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “About RASP”