Impossible to Obtain Opt. 40 with med waiver?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
CEC1990
Embryo

Re: Impossible to Obtain Opt. 40 with med waiver?

Post by CEC1990 »

This may help. I've been looking for something close to what you are looking for.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=52752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
feh728
Embryo

Re: Impossible to Obtain Opt. 40 with med waiver?

Post by feh728 »

SpuD,

I found this post while browsing the web for the same exact problem you have. It should give us hope:

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a ... 0074831001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More specifically, pay attention to this post:

"Hello,

Today I swore into the Army as an 11x Option 40 recruit. My waiver went through and I now have a picket fence (111111) on my PULHES. The liaison fed me a line that I couldn't get Airborne with a medical waiver, but I held my ground and signed EXACTLY what I wanted.

A word to potential DEPpers- ONLY SIGN WHAT YOU WANT NO MATTER WHAT LINE THEY FEED YOU. I lost count how many people told me I was DQ'ed from military service in general (let alone serving as a Ranger). I simply didn't give up and went through the proper channels. My contract is living proof that you CAN get what you want, despite what they tell you.

Push buttons if you have to, always be polite, and make sure to remember your goals.

Thank you for all your support, it aided me tremendously."

However, that thread was made in 2007...

Return to “Recruitment Process”