A update, and not taking no for a anwser

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Grunt11B
Embryo

A update, and not taking no for a anwser

Post by Grunt11B »

Rangers,

Its been a little while since i last posted on the site, I had some health issues in my family that needed my help. Long story short the option of me going to ranger school was gone because my dad became terminaly ill, he passed away in Jan 1 2010 and then I left for Iraq. Well Im coming to the end of my current 5 year enlistment, and the household 6 and I have come to the conclusion its time to shit or get off the pot. Im going into my retention NCO today or tommorw (METT) and am going to do whatever it takes to get into Ranger Battalion. If it means going threw the gauntlet ( Airborne, Rasp, PRC, Ranger School) Then so fucking be it. Its time to stop mingleing in the herd of the Regular Army and do something with my life. I will be emailing the 75th Retention NCO for some extra guidence, as another soldier has encounterd some problems with getting this contract. If all else fails, and im up shit creek without a paddle im going to reup under the Bear program under the 18 series.

Well enough talking, heading over there right now.

Thanks Rangers for all the guidence i have received and will continue to receive
SGT USA INF 2006-Present
OEF 2007-2008
OIF 2009-2010
“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.â€
Ndog275
Ranger

Re: A update, and not taking no for a anwser

Post by Ndog275 »

Good luck, don't quit and have a good one. RLTW!
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Best of luck with your journey. Once you begin your journey, NEVER, NEVER QUIT!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Here's the thing about reenlistment...reenlistment is always "Needs of the Army", regardless of what you've heard. The deal is that most of the time the needs of the Army is so wide that you have a large assortment of choices. I cannot say for sure what is available, but I can tell you that your reenlistment NCO has no motivation to lie. REUP NCOs are not recruiters and REUP NCOs get mission credit when you sign without regard to what you sign for. The system is set up to provide incentives for shortages the Army is suffering. When all is said and done you have to make the decision that is best for you. As long as you are making an informed decision you should be OK.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “About RASP”