Help with the site/Motivate a kid in Ranger school

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Rose
Egg

Help with the site/Motivate a kid in Ranger school

Post by Rose »

I'm trying to figure out how to use the site. I email, and do some internet - but this is a little over my head.

I am the daughter of a retired career officer in the AF, brother was in Vietnam, brother-in-law currently in Iraq and his son, my nephew an AF pilot in Kuwait. I am not a reporter, an ex wife (saw some of that on the site) or anything other than a woman who is trying to motivate a young man who is currently going through Ranger school.

I believe he is not doing well as he has been recycled. What can I write him to motivate him and try to help him get through. This means a lot to him and he felt he had a GO - but he didn't. Now what?? I'm sure he's pissed, disappointed,unsure of himself, frustrated - but that would be counterproductive at this point.

Any thoughts, ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Rose
Egg

Re: Help with the site/Motivate a kid in Ranger school

Post by Rose »

Please understand, I did NOT speak with him. This is strictly my opinion. He does not have the capability to even speak at this point (not allowed). HE DID NOT SAY THIS - I'M SAYING THIS.

So, that being said, what can I say to motivate him.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I agree with Zone. I was medically recycled in the Mountains -- My suggestion is that if you do anything, send him a box of chocolates or some other food (without comment) to let him know you support him. He has to do this himself.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rose
Egg

Post by Rose »

My "cryptic and mysterious relationship" is that he's my daughter's boyfriend. I come from military, no one else that he knows does or probably understands the military life. It's really as simple as trying to help, where in reality, there is probably nothing I can do. I can mail him a letter, I feel certain you can not send food, like one of the other rangers stated.
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

My two cents, send him a letter stating how proud you are of him attempting this feat and that you support him 100%. That you know of some Rangers that spent a few extra months getting their tabs, but they never quit, a real Ranger never quits. If he quits, then he'll never know if he was really Ranger material.

The school was designed to be passed. But you can't pass if you're not there. Better to have been kicked out than quit no matter what.

So are you single? :)
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Oh heck no! Send him food. Label on the outside of the box that it is full of goodies and stuff. I remember doing that for some young E4 going through Ranger school. However I forgot to fill it with food and only put in pizza crusts, and empty beer cans. I did put in a polaroid of us eating it though.

Here is an instructional video on how to motivate someone:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

Hello and Welcome!

PM Inbound
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Moved to proper forum
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

ZoneIV wrote:"quit your sniveling.....You have a choice. You can suck it up and drive on like a Ranger would by fixing what needs to be fixed to prepare for the next time around or you can be a ###### and quit. What is is going to be?.
Anything beyond Z-4's wisdom is fluff, this is all there is to it. The candidate is a man, after all. You'd want your daughter hanging with anyone less?

On the lighter side, students in Florida or the mountains really appreciate opening letters labeled "swak" to find the empty sleeve of Hershey bar wrappers. They love that sort of humor. :twisted:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

I also agree with what ZoneIV said,

"quit your sniveling.....You have a choice. You can suck it up and drive on like a Ranger would by fixing what needs to be fixed to prepare for the next time around or you can be a ###### and quit. What is is going to be?.

Tell the young man he is already there, he might as well do what he came to do what he came to do. Recycling isn't the end of the world, not everyone goes straight through. Getting a chance to get a Ranger Tab is hard, getting a second chance to get a Ranger Tab is even harder. A care package of his favorites is ALWAYS motivating! Good Luck to him, and keep us updated.
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Where'd ya go Rosie? What did you finally end up doing for the kid?
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
gsgitu
Ranger

Post by gsgitu »

tell him, on top of the great suggestions above, he should consider himself fortunate to be recycled. Not every one gets a second chance at Ranger School. He should get on his knees and thank the Recycle Gods for keeping his ass around, maybe long enough to get his Tab.
Alphatraz 3/75 1st Plt. Glory Boys
1994-98

Return to “Introduction Archive”