introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

armyofjuan
Ranger

introduction

Post by armyofjuan »

hi. ive been checking this site out now for about a year or so. i figured ive been looking around so long i might as well register. i am 24 years old and been in the guard for 4 years. i just graduated ranger school class 11-03. started class 10-03 but recycled florida. i know your probably like your in the guard and went to ranger school... well my company got a slot so i went. one of the reasons i joined this site is because i have some questions. when i got back from ranger school, i turned in my 368 to go active duty and my bc denied me. so about 6 months later i did the same thing and i just got released. so i walked on down to the recruiter... went to meps. got a 95 on my asvab, took the physical and then they said what do you want to do. i told the career counselor i wanted option 40 abn/ranger contract. he said because im ranger qualified i cant get an opt 40. i coulndt even get 82 airborned either. i was going to take that then go to rip from airborned school i heard that was an option... yes im a leg. so the only contract i could take was 18x. now thats cool and all but i just want the chance to go to rip and try out for regiment. thats all i want to do. my recruiter talked to the 75th liason and gave them my information and they said they would see what they could do about getting me a 4187 transfer or some crap after airborne then i could go to rip. if anyone of you have any help in this matter for instance sfc hit_it i would really appreciate it.
ps sorry for the long msg.
c co 1-325 AIR
ranger school class 11-03
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome. Congratulations on completing RS.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site and thanks for your service!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
armyofjuan
Ranger

Post by armyofjuan »

thanks for welcoming me to your site.
c co 1-325 AIR
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Welcome.

I certainly don't have any answers for you.....but I hope you get it worked out.
RSD 96-99
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Welcome and thank you for serving.
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Ron375
Ranger

Post by Ron375 »

Congratulations

Typical fucking stupid beauracrats. A guy excels, achieves and wants a CHANCE at Regt. No you don't fit our little paperwork scheme so we will fuck you over you goddamned VOLUNTEER!

Drive on Dude
Bco 3/75 RGR '91-'93
1st Plt 60 gunner
Class 9-92
LRSD 312MI 1CD '93-'95
Voted ArmyRanger.com "Most Abrasive Asshole" '04
armyofjuan
Ranger

Post by armyofjuan »

thats exactly what i said to the "career counselor" at meps. funny thing is that his first offer to me was korea or alaska... i was like your fucking kidding me right. but im gonna drive on with my 18x contract though. i know im up to the challenge. just sucks because i know where it was i want to be. thanks rangers for welcoming me to this site. and THANK YOU for your service. i havnt even begun to serve in the capacity that you guys have.
c co 1-325 AIR
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Good luck. 18X wouldn't be that bad. At least you would have some idea of what you are getting into compared with most of these guys.

Ranger2
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

armyofjuan,

You are down in the Klamath Falls area?

Have you considered 18X through the CA NG or WA NG (be a bit of a drive for you though)?

Oregon has ZERO high speed NG units, no LRS, no SF. The closest thing we have here to high speed is one of the Aviation Rescue units that plucks stranded yuppies off of Mt. Hood.

You might talk to Leatherneck before he leaves for SOPC/SFAS about going SF in the NG. They are getting lots of missions, schooling, etc. and I know the CA units are hurting for people.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
armyofjuan
Ranger

Post by armyofjuan »

yeah i considered that very hard. i actually talked to 19th group out of wa a few months back. they told me i could do an interstate transfer. that was plan if my battallion did not sign off on my 368 conditional release for active duty. i had to work pretty hard though to get my release from the guard so i dont want to not follow through now with that. it would kinda be a slap in my chain of commands face. they worked pretty hard on gettin me released too. leatherneck went to the ca sf? is he still on these forums. sorry im new here but i have heard of him. can you let me know if he is still here i would like to pm him and ask him for some advice on sfas and such.
c co 1-325 AIR
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome juan
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70