Yet another prior service question

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
TRLewis

Yet another prior service question

Post by TRLewis »

I read in the FAQ(yeah I know I am surprised about it too) that they never give out OPT40's to prior service. Not that I am doubting the Rangers, and others serving on this site. Has anyone prior service ran into this problem? If so should I not even bother with asking for an OPT40 and just ask to go into 18X(I believe thats the right way to describe it, SF)? Even then would I be standing a chance to receive that?

Thanks for the help, any answer is better than no answer.

TR
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

no it can not.

Guidnce Counselors can not add that into a PS applicant's contract.

now there is one exception floting around here, but that guy had some weird stuff going on.

there have been some changes to the 18X thing, but you should be able to get that as a PS applicant.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

Thank you SFC hit_it.

I thank you again for taking the time to reply to this on a saturday morning. Doubtful I will ever see you but if I do, I owe you a beer.

TR
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

if you are hanging around long enough, we will probably meet. and you can pay for all the beer you want, bro.

i only got a year left on recruiting and then plan on going back to USASOC somewhere....i hope.

assignments have been pretty fucked up with the war going on.

but if not USASOC, then definitely the 82d.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

My dad(CWO3) told me one time if you stay in the Army long enough:

All Airborne Infantry will meet in Bragg.

All Helicopter pilots will see Ft Campbell.

And all legs will see Alaska.(those poor guys)

I look forward to it SFC hit_it. You are a wealth of information.
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

LOL I think all Marines wanna know how much money a unit gets. I hated hearing that, we don't have money for this or that.

Anyways, is there anyway to get picked up for RIP during jump school, I know I've seen it said. Don't know how true it is.
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

you can also check this link...

https://www.perscomonline.army.mil/epin ... r_team.htm

Hope it helps!
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.

Return to “Recruitment Process”