Twelve Things to Never Say to a Cop

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Twelve Things to Never Say to a Cop

Post by KW Driver »

#2 is also legal in TX.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

You'll never clear the holster pig.

For hot female cops:
how about we test out those handcuffs and play hide the nightstick?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Before I joined the army I personally learned that you should never tell a cop "You can't arrest me." He did. I was stupid.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

JLTW!!! wrote:
Baseplate wrote:Before I joined the army I personally learned that you should never tell a cop "You can't arrest me." He did. I was stupid.
Lets hear the rest of the story bro....

I was a very drunk and even dumber 19 year old. I puked on the cop. I ended up in jail with 8 of my friends. They got bailed out around 8 the next morning. I stayed in jail up until the last minute before I would have had to spend the weekend in the drunk tank. When I came around the coner into the family waiting area my mother was sitting there with the family priest, black shirt white collar and everything. It was a very very long 45 minute ride home. It wasn't too much longer afterwards I was sitting in the recruiters office
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

I think the funniest thing someone has done was beg me to arrest them until they figured out that it was going to hurt.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

My favorite is: " I'm not getting out of my car and you can't make me. "

:twisted:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

I once threw french fries at the MPs at the gate at HAAF, but never, ever messed with the PoePoe!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

RANGER513 wrote:My favorite is: " I'm not getting out of my car and you can't make me. "

OK, curious on a legal level.
If you have not committed a felony, and are just subject to a traffic stop, and you refuse to get out of the car... have you broken any laws? This would be similiar to a LEO coming to your house, and then ordering you outside onto the yard. If you refuse, is there any legal leg to stand on?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I was pulled over by a female cop and when she asked for my drivers license handed it to her and said, " My phone number isn't on there." It worked out okay as I did not go to jail. She waves every now and then when I see her. 8)
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

rgrokelley wrote:
RANGER513 wrote:My favorite is: " I'm not getting out of my car and you can't make me. "

OK, curious on a legal level.
If you have not committed a felony, and are just subject to a traffic stop, and you refuse to get out of the car... have you broken any laws? This would be similiar to a LEO coming to your house, and then ordering you outside onto the yard. If you refuse, is there any legal leg to stand on?
Laws no....but there is a difference between home and car. The Supreme Court has ruled that an officer can order anyone from a car during a traffic stop, for any/no reason. So the "I'm not getting out of my car doesn't work". This is mainly a combination of safety and the Terry Doctrine. Your home is your castle though, and there has to be a reason for it.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Can you Cliffnotes the 'Terry Doctrine' please?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

K.Ingraham wrote:Can you Cliffnotes the 'Terry Doctrine' please?
The short short version is the Terry Doctrine deals with reasonable suspicion vs. probable cause. Terry v. Ohio

With that out of the way, I cited the wrong case...as I was in a hurry earlier reading through and my brain wasn't moving as fast as my fingers. The proper case law that ties in to ordering someone from a car is the Carroll Doctrine (Carroll v. US). It comes from prohibition and deals with the fact that a vehicle is a "moveable" object, and that being said any evidence of a crime inside is subject to immediate disposal. The counter to that was the Supreme Court authorizing a limited scope of warrantless searches of vehicles citing a reduced expectation of privacy in a vehicle and the "moveable" nature of a car.

Again the ruling by the Supreme Court only stems from Carroll, but is just as much about safety of the occupants and officers as anything else.

Sorry for the cerebral flatulation earlier.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Oh, and the case law allowing officers to order anyone from a vehicle was Maryland v. Wilson, which went to the US Supreme court in 1997.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”