Home Pull-up bar

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Home Pull-up bar

Post by NeverSayDie »

Rangers,

I bought a weider adjustable pull up bar and have installed it it in my house... twice. The first time one of the scew's missed the stud by about 1/4 in. and it ripped out of the wall in mid pull up, leaving two big ass craters in my hallway. So I reinstalled it again in a diferent spot. I've worked on it twice since then but I can feel it coming loose again. At this rate my house is going to look like it got strafed by a 50.cal. The thing does'nt come with any instructions on how to install it properly so I was wondering if you might know how. This would'nt be a problem if I had an electric screwdriver/studfinder etc., but I have to make do with a kitchen knife, a screw driver, a plastic cup, and some elbow grease (:roll:)

Thanks in Advance.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Home Pull-up bar

Post by Earthpig »

Have you tried an "Iron Gym?" We have one in a doorway, and we've been using it for a couple years now. They hold up to 300pounds, I believe. They run about 30 bucks.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

uh...don't you rent?
Or did I toss the rock into the wrong living room window this morning when trying to get your attention?

I have that tool stuff & can give you a hand. .'s idea would be a good first obstacle along the pathway you use to get to the track.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Ranger K.Ingraham,

yes I rent, but... uh... I say house becuase it sounds better(?) O.K. lack of attention to detail, thats 50.
as for building an obstacle for the way to the track why stop at one, we could make a little Darby 1/4 mile up that sucker, and since your getting back into shape, you can run it with me :twisted:

Ranger .,

excellent Idea, I should have thought of that before I spent the money on my current bar.

Ranger Earth Pig,

I heard alot about the Iron gym, but never trusted anything from infomercials. If you say its legit I'll defenatley check it out when my check comes in.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Post by mlgpostpwn »

I have the Iron gym extreme. It does all its supposed to. Im at 210 lbs and it supports my weight just fine. Theres no holes in my walls either. I got the extreme for $40 bucks. Just make sure it'll fit your doors. I dont know how to describe this but I have a wall that sticks out right by my doors and it wont fit. I just use it in the room across from mine. Oh and the extreme you can do situps because it will hold down your feet. If you look at the extreme it also has the curved handles when youre doing pull ups and it has a set of cushions on another bar so it doesnt damage your door frame.

I am not affiliated with Iron Gym. :)

Back to my lane of lurking and absorbing all the info on this site.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”