Roadmarching Practice

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Road marching Practice

Post by cams »

EAT III wrote:
blackbird777 wrote:i do 6-12 miles every week rain snow or shine in jump boots with ripple soles very compfy. i go on county land 1500 acres open to public but its very primitive up hills and down them cross alot of creeks up to waist deep not for pussies. but i love it it keeps me in check
Advising or admitting to Road Marching in "JUMP BOOTS" is not something a ground pounder would do :shock: Please elaborate on your experience.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

X2
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Grimreaper33
Egg

Re: Roadmarching Practice

Post by Grimreaper33 »

Hello Rangers,
I was wondering if you could help. I'm 15 years old and I do a 2-mile run everyday, 25 push ups without stopping, 30 sit ups without stopping and 45 flutter kicks without stopping. I do all that after i come home from school. I do the 2-mile run in about 16 to 18 minutes. I have extremely flat feet according to doctors so doing that run doesn't exactly feel good. So here's the few questions i have for you. Am i doing enough right now? Should i be increasing the number of miles, push ups, sit ups, flutter kicks a day? How much swimming is involved in all of ranger training? And what could i do/use to reduce the pain my feet to complete the 16 mile march? Thank you for listening.

P.S. I've been wanting to be in the Rangers since i was 8 and I've studied basic and advanced military tactics, Room clearance tactics, Demolition, All kinds of weapons, i even know some Arabic as a well. I can take an M4A1 carbine apart and put it back together, clean it, reload it. Never got to fire it though. I thought this may be useful info. It is not meant in any way shape or form to be bragging. This was just to show the commitment to being part of the US Army Rangers. I also apologize if this was put in the wrong section on your forums.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Roadmarching Practice

Post by Steadfast »

Grimreaper33 wrote:Hello Rangers,
I was wondering if you could help. I'm 15 years old and I do a 2-mile run everyday, 25 push ups without stopping, 30 sit ups without stopping and 45 flutter kicks without stopping. I do all that after i come home from school. I do the 2-mile run in about 16 to 18 minutes. I have extremely flat feet according to doctors so doing that run doesn't exactly feel good. So here's the few questions i have for you. Am i doing enough right now? Should i be increasing the number of miles, push ups, sit ups, flutter kicks a day? How much swimming is involved in all of ranger training? And what could i do/use to reduce the pain my feet to complete the 16 mile march? Thank you for listening.

P.S. I've been wanting to be in the Rangers since i was 8 and I've studied basic and advanced military tactics, Room clearance tactics, Demolition, All kinds of weapons, i even know some Arabic as a well. I can take an M4A1 carbine apart and put it back together, clean it, reload it. Never got to fire it though. I thought this may be useful info. It is not meant in any way shape or form to be bragging. This was just to show the commitment to being part of the US Army Rangers. I also apologize if this was put in the wrong section on your forums.
As a 15 y.o. you are not permitted to be a part of this forum. 16 is the minimum age. Do not attempt to post again until you read the directions below & meet our requirement age.

Several days past your 16th BirthDay you can come back & make an introduction ( in civilian) forum. You are now on your Honor with no one watching you to do the right thing.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “About Army Physical Training”