Lawnmower Class Action Suit Payout

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RetPara
Ranger

Lawnmower Class Action Suit Payout

Post by RetPara »

It would seem that the industry or retailers were fudging the numbers when it came to the horse power of mowers. Its not really clear if the cash payout will be preferred over the extended warranty....

I would wager some of our suthern members may do quite well with the 35 mowers sitting in their back yards.... if they can find them....
Lawnmower Class Action Settlement
Washington, DC: If you purchased a lawnmower, for your own use, containing an engine with up to 30 horsepower in the United States or Puerto Rico and between January 1, 1994 and April 12, 2010, you may be eligible to participate in a class action settlement announced recently. The settlement allows for up to $35 for each walk-behind mower and up to $75 for each riding lawnmower. And you may be eliglble to receive an extended warranty.
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/ca ... ction.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RS2 84-86

Intelligence in a person can be measured.... Stupidity is a bottomless pit which is beyond measure....
Buzz
Ranger

Re: Lawnmower Class Action Suit Payout

Post by Buzz »

Thanks RetPara I have three that will quallify and one is definetly hillbilly yard art. :D
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

The settlement the lawyers seek is $35 for a walk behind mower and $75 for a riding mower. They are advertsing this on TV and spending a bunch of money to do so. If the law firm gets 100,000 people to sign up it totals $3.5 million to $7.5 million. Of course, they a third of that. If they get a million people, they hit the lotto.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

I purchased a brand new big 'ol honking riding lawn mower last spring. ( Hey, I gots around 4+ acres to mow ! )

Anyways, I got this same info the mail and looked into it. The amount of time, paper work, and reading I would have to do for around $ 60 to $ 70 is simply NOT worth it !

I mean, I have to mail in this form, wait to get another form, sign here, supply WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much personal info to attorneys I do not know who are not even in the same state as I am, send in form # 2, wait, get form # 3 with form # 4 on the horizon, mandatory phone listings, etc. etc. etc. and etc.

Ain't happening.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Ranger Bill wrote:The settlement the lawyers seek is $35 for a walk behind mower and $75 for a riding mower. They are advertsing this on TV and spending a bunch of money to do so. If the law firm gets 100,000 people to sign up it totals $3.5 million to $7.5 million. Of course, they a third of that. If they get a million people, they hit the lotto.
Fuck a bunch of lawyers! They are the number one reason that America is as fucked up as it is today. On top of that, the Democrat party is THE party of lawyers. Every single one of the douche bags in power is a lawyer. So by signing onto this lawsuit, you are helping the next John Edwards, Bill Clinton or Barack Obama get his start into politics.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

All of my mowers were pulled from the junk heap and refurbished for a few dollars. Why do I care what the horse power rating is ? It is a lawnmower not a race car.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”