SITREP

Basic & AIT
Fate
Embryo

SITREP

Post by Fate »

Currently on my 36 hour pass, then finishing up OSUT. Last APFT score was a 244, taken on April 5th. My first PT test was a 164. I need to work on my 2 mile running the most - which I think is odd, because I am not overly bulky or fat at 5'9" 160 lbs and a low body fat percentage (Any tips here would be greatly appreciated). The gazelles in my platoon say it's probably due to the habitual poor running form I use due to my extremely flat feet, but we'll see.

In other news our BC says our company is a guinea pig for new practices and methodologies (B-Co 2-19), and most if not all of what we do is altered from the standard infantry OSUT in some way. Interesting if true, but this being my first time through OSUT I have no reference point as to what is standard practice and what is experimental.

There are only 4 men out of our ~200 man company with Ranger contracts; conversely there are about 50+ 18x contracts. Apparently Ranger contracts aren't being as frequently handed out, seeing as how many of my company's 18x contracts said they were unable to get their first choice of a Ranger contract.

Regards,
Mark
toothbrush
Embryo

Re: SITREP

Post by toothbrush »

Quickest way to improve running is interval training. Oh, and run hills!
I wish Illinois wasn't so damn flat.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP, Mark. Welcome to adulthood. I have always had flat feet (as do most Infantrymen) and made it. If you want something as badly as having the opportunity to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment, go get it. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “About OSUT”