2010 Census - You are American. Period.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

K.Ingraham
Ranger

2010 Census - You are American. Period.

Post by K.Ingraham »

Fully one-quarter of the space on this year's form is taken up with questions of race and ethnicity, which are clearly illegitimate and none of the government's business (despite the New York Times' assurances to the contrary on today's (3.8.10) editorial page). So until we succeed in building the needed wall of separation between race and state, I have a proposal. Question 9 on the census form asks "What is Person 1's race?" (and so on, for other members of the household). One's initial impulse might be to misidentify one's race so as to throw a monkey wrench into the statistics; but lying in this constitutionally mandated process is wrong. Don't do it.
Instead, we should answer Question 9 by checking the last option — "Some other race" — and writing in "American." It's a truthful answer but at the same time is a way for ordinary citizens to express their rejection of unconstitutional racial classification schemes. In fact, "American" was the plurality ancestry selection for respondents to the 2000 census in four states and several hundred counties.
So remember: Question 9 — "Some other race" — "American". Pass it on.

(Edited from today's email. I am not the author, but it looks like a plan to me.)
Last edited by K.Ingraham on March 9th, 2010, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: 2010 Census - You are American. Period.

Post by Flesh Thorn »

How much did it cost to send everyone a letter telling them the Census would be mailed to them in the near future ? What a waste of money and resources!
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I'm concerned about:
1. Who is asking these questions?
2. Why?
3. Why do they feel they have to send me a note to tell me the survey will arrive next week?
Great idea, Kevin.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

Flesh Thorn wrote:How much did it cost to send everyone a letter telling them the Census would be mailed to them in the near future ? What a waste of money and resources!
You asked the same exact question I asked yesterday when I received my letter telling me I should expect a census in the near future!!!! What kind of Mickey Mouse bullshit is that???
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
BonesC75RVN
Ranger

Post by BonesC75RVN »

Whenever I have to fill any forms out today that ask for race, I just put American. The Gov. proved they cannot put 2+2 together with all the info they have on us, when they let the underwear bomber slide through. So, now they ask questions on "official" forms that ask you to put all the info they can use against you on one form where they can easlily find it. Ha! Fat chance.
BonesC75RVN
Charlie Ranger 75th, RVN 70-71
82nd Airborne, 1/504th, 71-72
Overseas Construction Worker 83-08
"If you ain't standing out here on the edge, you must be just taking up space"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I wonder if Jedi is an option?

Or even Ranger?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

This census shit is interesting. Got one here and at the farm. Im trying to figure out who I am gunna be and what color.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:This census shit is interesting. Got one here and at the farm. Im trying to figure out who I am gunna be and what color.
By Chicago standards, that means you get to vote twice.

Maybe could be a pregnant illegal with Parkinsons.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

I'v been using N. American for years..............."North American"; they might think its Native American.....like the fire dept did. And if they bitch.........Texan. smatn,ratn,fratn.....do gooders
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Appalachian Hillbilly of European Decent here......
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

RangerX wrote:I wonder if Jedi is an option?

Or even Ranger?

When I went to the Atlanta VA hospital to get put into the system, the woman at the desk asked me my race, I guess because it's not obvious being that I'm almost clear. So, I told her Viking. She asked what that was, so I told her it was people from Scandinavia, so she checked the other box and wrote it in after I told her how to spell it.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

K.Ingraham wrote:Fully one-quarter of the space on this year's form is taken up with questions of race and ethnicity, which are clearly illegitimate and none of the government's business (despite the New York Times' assurances to the contrary on today's (3.8.10) editorial page). So until we succeed in building the needed wall of separation between race and state, I have a proposal. Question 9 on the census form asks "What is Person 1's race?" (and so on, for other members of the household). One's initial impulse might be to misidentify one's race so as to throw a monkey wrench into the statistics; but lying in this constitutionally mandated process is wrong. Don't do it.
Instead, we should answer Question 9 by checking the last option — "Some other race" — and writing in "American." It's a truthful answer but at the same time is a way for ordinary citizens to express their rejection of unconstitutional racial classification schemes. In fact, "American" was the plurality ancestry selection for respondents to the 2000 census in four states and several hundred counties.
So remember: Question 9 — "Some other race" — "American". Pass it on.

(Edited from today's email. I am not the author, but it looks like a plan to me.)

Hmmmm, are you including all the Russian sex-slave girls residing at your residence on the census ????? :shock:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

I Like it, and normally do just that... will pass it on and see how it catches on. Be nice to send a clear message to the dipshits reading it.
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....

Return to “The Mosh Pit”