Class 10-04

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

the_machine wrote:
RFS'd???..I'm not familiar with the term.

Kicked out of the Regiment.

Ranger2
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

Ranger2 wrote:
the_machine wrote:
RFS'd???..I'm not familiar with the term.

Kicked out of the Regiment.

Ranger2
Ahh...thanks Ranger2
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Relieved For Standards
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

F8 wrote:What excuse did I make? I said I failed Land Nav. I've never had a problem with Land Nav in the past, but this course gave me problems. Like I said in my post about failing the course, if given the chance again I'll jog the course to make sure I don't run out of time.
How could he have trouble with it? It is a self correcting course.... :?
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Terry Welshan wrote:
H8 Train wrote: How could he have trouble with it? It is a self correcting course.... :?
Ahhh Grasshopper...if you fail to admit that you have any fault, how can you self correct.
Thank you Master I did not think of that. :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
JB
US Army Veteran

Post by JB »

:lol: :lol:

Who ever said this place is better than cable was right.
Non-Navigating Leg Army Officer
You Rangers are heart less.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AD 1993-1998
Currently a FA Battery XO
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

That's why they all get along so well, lol, I think I fit in there somewhere :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

I missed this. Really enjoyed it after reading. This F8 needs to learn that leading doesn’t come with the bar on your shoulder. It comes from the correct attitude, experience, know how among other things. I would think twice about following him in battle like that Lt in “Band of brothersâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Well said Ranger
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

F8 wrote:I expect most people to act different in person and on a website. I doubt that guy would call me a SORRY ASS MOTHERFUCKER in person.
F8 "SIR", check this out. What I said to you or wrote to you about the excuses you mentioned by not passing the land nav course is the same thing I would have said to you in person. Your comment about your land nav skills being "up to par" in addition to your failure to address Ranger Silverback by Ranger first cause me to conclude two things about you.

Number 1. You don't pay attention to detail.

Number 2. You can't accept responsibility for your performance.

Now I haven't been onsite for a few days due to some business I"ve had outta town, however I appreciate my fellow Ranger Buddies speaking up for me in my absence....most of'em will tell you I can speak up for myself pretty damn well.

Guy's like you who think that guy's like me are people who talk a lotta shit but can't back it up are people who I LOVE TO MEET IN PERSON! I'm not some slugass skinny motherfucker that I know you wish I was, and I am not the type of person who would back down from saying something to you in your face if I felt like it needed to be said. But this isn't about me or how tough I think I am or how tough you think you are, this is about YOU and your failure to ACCEPT PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR FAILING THE LAND NAV Course, in addition to your failure to address RANGERS in the proper format.

You want to focus on me cause I ruffled your feathers.......well that's fine, I understand (its called misdirection). You want to take out your anger on me because of something I "said" to you but in reality you're probably disappointed with yourself because of your failure to complete Ranger School as you expected. I can understand that as well, but you're mistaken if you think I wouldn't have said that you were a sorry ass motherfucker to your face because I would have and probably would have said worse.

One last thing, Rangers in general usually tell people EXACTLY how they feel about a situation because that's just in our nature, if the words I used hurt your ego, feelings, pride or anything else that is obviously fragile then do me a favor. DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE THE FUCK ON. My comments to you eailer and your subsequent posts has further proved to me that I was right on target, QUIT YOUR FUCKIN SNIVELLIN.

You don't like being called a sorry ass motherfucker, then back it up, by DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Practice your land nav skills, go back to Hooah School and pass the course, your patrols and come back with a gold tab. Then go out a become the LEADER to your troops that you're supposed to be, coming on this site and snivelling about the words that I called you like some bitch only proves to me that you don't have what it takes. Personally I don't give a fuck what you think about me, whether or not you think I would say something to you that you considered offensive to your face or anything else.

What I do care about is the mannerism in which you expressed your failure at Ranger School, your failure to address Rangers in the proper format, your inability to follow that instruction AFTER it had been brought to your attention and your inability as to why I said to you what I did when IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS, in the first fuckin place!!!

That's it, I don't feel like wasting anymore time on this bullshit. :evil:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
F8

Post by F8 »

Just out of curiosity, when did you go to Ranger school?
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

03-86, Winter Course. It was brought to my attention that I may have misled you by giving you the impression that I graduated from Ranger School.....so let me say this much. I did not graduate from Ranger School either (which is why I said I could understand your disappointment in my second post to you), the reason I didn't was because I left school without permission to get laid, missed a formation and then beat the fuck out of an Officer who snitched on me. To me doing what I did was far more shameful (not to mention stupid and disrespectful to my unit) than not being able to complete the landnav course, because I knew better.......I came from a Ranger Unit, anything and I MEAN ANYTHING that could detract me or distract me from my MISSION could jeapordize the safety and lives of my fellow Rangers.

However I accepted the responsibilty for my actions, got my assed chewed out (and smoked as well), and was lucky that I was allowed to return back to Regiment. I"m no more proud of that now than I was back then, but whether or not I graduated has nothing to do with how we got here in the first place.
Last edited by Bugsy on September 15th, 2004, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

'Sir' , I took the liberty of looking at all your posts here on this site and I gotta ask you a quick question.

Why can't you address the Rangers as such when you are speaking to them directly?

As in:
Just out of curiosity, when did you go to Ranger school?
It should read:
Ranger BeadleBug, Just out of curiosity, when did you go to Ranger school?
Would you tolerate not being addressed as 'SIR'? I am going to assume that the answer is an emphatic...NO.

Then why do you continue to disregard the Ranger customs. I think that perhaps you don't respect them enough to render them their due courtesy and I am not sure what that's about. Maybe it's a control and /or a power issue or rules are for other people... I am just curious.
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

F8,

Before your mouth (and/or typing fingers) starts writing checks your body can't cash, you might look in some of the picture post threads to see exactly what kind of man you unabashedly think you are the better of.

You need to unfuck your attitude post-haste.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”