KIA Dec 20 1989

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Ranger2

KIA Dec 20 1989

Post by Ranger2 »

Here is myself and a Ranger Gold Star Mother getting her 75th RRA Gold Star Mother Certificate a few years ago. I drove 8 hours one way through the Upper Pennisula of Michigan to northern Wisconsin to make sure a Ranger could give it to her.

Ranger History- Does anyone know who's mother it is?

She was an awesome women who treated myself and my son very well for the time we were there. She is very proud of her son who was lost from 2/75 in Panama. She still have his things in the living room, with pictures and his plaques from Batt.

All of you wannabee should find out yourself. I know I had to memorize his name.
Ranger2
Last edited by Ranger2 on July 22nd, 2004, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Ranger2 wrote:http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v29 ... re_032.jpg

Here is myself and a Ranger Gold Star Mother getting her 75th RRA Gold Star Mother Certificate a few years ago. I drove 8 hours one way through the Upper Pennisula of Michigan to northern Wisconsin to make sure a Ranger could give it to her.

She was an awesome women who treated myself and my son very well for the time we were there. She is very proud of her son who was lost from 2/75 in Panama. She still have his things in the living room, with pictures and his plaques from Batt.

All of you wannabee should find out yourself. I know I had to memorize his name.
Ranger2
John Price KIA Dec 20 1989 in Panama Operation Just Cause? I thought his sister and mother lived in Michigan, but I could be wrong. We were always told they would give a Ranger a place to stay the night if they were ever in their area. I was in the squad (a much later date) he was killed in, A co 2/75 2nd Plt Blacksheep Wpns Sqd Maggots. I wear a KIA bracelet of him everday so that he is never forgotten and I can tell all those who inquire about it the man who died for his country.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

deleon275 wrote:
Ranger2 wrote:http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v29 ... re_032.jpg

Ranger2
John Price KIA Dec 20 1989 in Panama Operation Just Cause? I thought his sister and mother lived in Michigan, but I could be wrong. We were always told they would give a Ranger a place to stay the night if they were ever in their area. I was in the squad (a much later date) he was killed in, A co 2/75 2nd Plt Blacksheep Wpns Sqd Maggots. I wear a KIA bracelet of him everday so that he is never forgotten and I can tell all those who inquire about it the man who died for his country.
You are a squared away Ranger. I am glad that they made me learn Ranger history. She has been out there a few times to visit and been treated first class each time. She says she gets flowers from A Company still or at least she did when I visited. She treated me just like family.

I am glad he is not forgotten. I told his mother that as long as there were Rangers he wouldn't be.

When I visited she paid for my hotel room and won't hear of me paying for it. She also invited me to a family picnic. I went to the Memorial Day Service with her. All she got from the Army was $6,000 from his death. She basically used it all to pay for a outstanding head stone. She said that at the time she could have really used the money for the rest of her family but she knew if she didn't put it into the headstone he probably would never get one.

Ranger2
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Ranger2 wrote:Here is myself and a Ranger Gold Star Mother getting her 75th RRA Gold Star Mother Certificate a few years ago. I drove 8 hours one way through the Upper Pennisula of Michigan to northern Wisconsin to make sure a Ranger could give it to her.
That's really cool that you did that. Thanks for sharing. Although I didn't know Ranger Price personally, I can still recall the tears in everyone's eyes after his memorial service. He won't be forgotten. ~S~
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
CavTroop
Tadpole

Post by CavTroop »

Ranger2:
Thanks for sharing this. Casualty lists, names, news accounts can be pretty impersonal. A picture of the Ranger's mother and his headstone helps bring it into much better perspective. Another reminder to me of the awesome price paid for my freedom, by a Ranger and his family. We must never forget that his sacrifice is theirs as well.
RIP, Ranger Price. May God bless your family.

CT Out
107TH Armd Cav OHARNG 1979-1989
"Facere Non Dicere"
Deeds Not Words
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Another interesting part of the story and I think she would treat any Ranger the same. Mrs Price is a EMT or a paramedic and when I visited she told me to meet her at the hospital. So I did. She introduced me to everyone there and showed me around the place for at least an hour. It was like I was her son. I am sure that any Ranger would be treated the same.

If you have the chance to do something like that try and do it.

Ranger2
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

God Bless you for what you did Ranger2. RIP Ranger Price.~S
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I thank you for making sure ONE Ranger was there. None would be such a void. ~S~ Ranger Price RIP, you are loved.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Steadfast,

When the 75th RRA was trying to get Gold Star Mothers and Wives into the group they wanted someone to contact each one. So I volunteered to contact Mrs Price to make sure she would want to belong. You never know how family is going to react but I said I would try anyway.

After she agreed to be a member they were going to just send her the plaque because no one lived near her. I thought that was wrong. I felt that as I was the one who contacted her and started the whole thing that it was my duty to deliever it. It wouldn't have been right to just send it to her.

It was well worth my time.

Ranger2
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Good job Ranger 2.

May Ranger Price RIP and his family be comforted.
Ron375
Ranger

Post by Ron375 »

Good stuff deuce
Bco 3/75 RGR '91-'93
1st Plt 60 gunner
Class 9-92
LRSD 312MI 1CD '93-'95
Voted ArmyRanger.com "Most Abrasive Asshole" '04
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

If you look at the headstone you will see why that the date of his death was hard for two reasons for his mother. Birthday and Christmas. That kind of sucks.

Ranger2
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

I just wanted to bring this one back to the front as the Anniversary of Panama is coming up and all the wannabees and others should remember their sacrifices. Freedom isn't free and some families know that far more than others.

Ranger2
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Thank you for sharing that Ranger2, He will not be forgotten!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Bell

Post by Bell »

RIP Ranger Price.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”