Sitrep / Introduction

Basic & AIT
SteelCoreAP
Infantryman

Sitrep / Introduction

Post by SteelCoreAP »

Rangers,

Thank you all for your service, I was lucky enough to stumble across this forum while I was still in the DEP. It gave me an invaluable source of reliable information and was a great resource. Well 6 months later and I'm one step closer to my goals. Our class should be checking into Airborne Hold on Thursday however seeing as the holiday block leave coincided with so many companies graduating OSUT on sand hill, I'm not sure when we will be given the green light. The PNN is rampant, but so far all we have been able to confirm is our PT test will be tomorrow. Of the 12 Option 40 contracts that started our cycle, we graduated with 2! The rest dropped, or were sent home on Medical/Psych Discharges. So of the 68 guys checking in to Airborne Hold from my company only myself and one lucky other are the the only ones still holding option 40 contracts.

Anyways, that's quite enough jaw jacking for now, Ill try and keep regular sitreps up and with any luck ill be a 5 jump chump in no time.

LDC
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Sitrep / Introduction

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations and have fun at jump school. They are actually going to pay you to jump out of a plane. Keep us posted on your progress.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Pretty pathetic how these OPT40 guys toss in the towel, isn't it? Let their failures fuel your own fire. Welcome to the site. Keep your knees to the breeze!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
SteelCoreAP
Infantryman

Post by SteelCoreAP »

Quick update,

We started the week with 68 checking in to airborne hold. Down to 48 after the PT test this morning. Can't say I'm to sorry for the guys who failed because they knew the standards and had all of holiday block leave to prepare. Especially so since we took the same test the day before we left on leave, same standards and they passed then.

Sorry for the short sitrep but my internet is kicking me off every 5 minutes so it's all I can get in for the moment.

LDC
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Take it one day at a time. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “About OSUT”