Seperating running and lifting.

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Chomy
Embryo

Seperating running and lifting.

Post by Chomy »

Hello Rangers, I am a thinner guy and trying to put on weight. I eat lots of calories a day and a lot of protein, with that I am also on a workout schedule that works on running, and upper body. I am having a difficult time though keeping weight on or gaining it at all, its that I eat all these calories but I then burn them off alot on my runs. My question is that would it benifit me if I just work strictly on gaining weight and muscle mass during the winter, and come spring time pick back up running again or just work strictly on running in the summe? All advice would be much appreciated.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: Seperating running and lifting.

Post by Flesh Thorn »

As long as you meet the weight standards no one is going to care how big you are. My opinion is to keep running and focus on athletic ability not how big you are or how you look.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Chomy
Embryo

Post by Chomy »

Thanks Ranger Flesh Thorn you make a good point. The only reason I am concerend about it is because my step brother who recentely became a US Marine had trouble in boot camp because he was thin like myself and his body had trouble repairing fast enough and keeping weight on. I would just like to have a few extra pounds that I would be able to afford to lose during training. I think I'm going to take your advice though and just keep up the running. Would you happen to know if there is a minimum weight limit? I've tried to search this before but never found a clear answer.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Your goal needs to be maxing the PT test, running 5 miles in less than 40 minutes, and doing at least a dozen chin-ups. That and the right attitude and you will do just fine no matter how much you weigh.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Chomy
Embryo

Post by Chomy »

Roger that Ranger Bill thanks for the heads up

Return to “About Army Physical Training”