Springfield XDm

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Springfield XDm

Post by Earthpig »

JLTW!!! wrote:Can't go wrong with the XD or XDm. I have three of 'em. Great p[istols and I've NEVER had any issues with them. I'm sure our resident Springfield expert (Pastor) will weigh in soon.
I agree. I have a Model 21 and love it. I wish it was .40 caliber and not .45, simply because the ammo is easier to find and much cheaper. Very sweet shooting, reliable pistol out of the box. They even come in pink, like the one JLTW! carries. :lol:

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

pride177 wrote:I am looking into the purchase of a new pistol and was wondering if anyone has shot any of the Springfield XDm line of handguns and if you have what is your take on them. I'm also considering the S&W mp line, but i've saw what some of you think about those from previous topics.

Thank you,
Jay
XD(M) in .40 is a runner...too heavy to conceal, but it certainly shoots...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

EarthPig wrote: They even come in pink, like the one JLTW! carries. :lol:

RLTW
EP
BAWHAHAHAHA thats funny right there!!!!!
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I have three .40 cal. XD's, the XDm, a compact XD and a sub-compact XD. I've put over a thousand rounds through all of them and the only issue I've had is the sub-compact wouldn't eject on occasion. I sent it back to Springfield and they fixed the problem and had it back to me within a few weeks. The XDm is really nice and with the three different grip options, it makes for a more comfortable feel. I have the Glock 19 here at work, and I always have to put Houge grips on them because of my bigger than average sausage fingers. The reasoning behind the .40 for me is the same as Earth Pig's. Cheaper and easier to find, plus if you decide to get into reloading, you don't have to buy more dies and I only have to pick up one type of brass on my range.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Well, here is the deal with the XD line. They have a lifetime warranty. I dont know how many rounds I have through them all but its well past 7 numbers now. Ive had them muddy, sandy, shot cheap shit ammo, from Russia to Louisiana, ....they hold up and when they dont...Springfield stands behind them. My oldest one is a .40. The spring broke and I had purchased it from a man who had shot the living shit out of it. I had it 6 years and shot it white so many times I thought it would petrify. Springfield apologized, sent me the shipping money, rebuilt it and sent back....free. I told the rep, look, that weapon has damned near 700,000 rounds through it. He responded, I dont care if it has 4 million...our shit doesnt break!

I own... bout 13 of them. 9mm, .40, .45, and .357 SIG. Use them as training weapons at the Shootery. Own a XDm and while I saw reports of some failings, have yet to see it in this one. Its a 9mm. About a year old and I have close to 50,000 rounds through it.

For the money and the lifetime guarantee, Im not sure you can do better all things considered. Excellent utility, competent, safe, lethal, and stout.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:Well, here is the deal with the XD line. They have a lifetime warranty. I dont know how many rounds I have through them all but its well past 7 numbers now. Ive had them muddy, sandy, shot cheap shit ammo, from Russia to Louisiana, ....they hold up and when they dont...Springfield stands behind them. My oldest one is a .40. The spring broke and I had purchased it from a man who had shot the living shit out of it. I had it 6 years and shot it white so many times I thought it would petrify. Springfield apologized, sent me the shipping money, rebuilt it and sent back....free. I told the rep, look, that weapon has damned near 700,000 rounds through it. He responded, I dont care if it has 4 million...our shit doesnt break!

I own... bout 13 of them. 9mm, .40, .45, and .357 SIG. Use them as training weapons at the Shootery. Own a XDm and while I saw reports of some failings, have yet to see it in this one. Its a 9mm. About a year old and I have close to 50,000 rounds through it.

For the money and the lifetime guarantee, Im not sure you can do better all things considered. Excellent utility, competent, safe, lethal, and stout.
And there you have it!!! BAM!!!
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

TC204 wrote:
I conceal a full size 1911, are these a larger/heavier pistol?
Little bigger (one or two red cunt hairs bigger) but 16+1 rnds of .40 definately makes it heaver...not that you CANT CC, just wouldn't be my choice...I can pack the .40 sub compact with the 9 rnd. mag, but the 12 rnd. prints too much for Florida with just a T-Shirt on.

(Oh yeah, it was 83 today...just an FYI for you boys up north...anyone need an un-used snow shovel? 8) 8) 8) )
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

TC204 wrote:
Oto-Man wrote:
pride177 wrote:I am looking into the purchase of a new pistol and was wondering if anyone has shot any of the Springfield XDm line of handguns and if you have what is your take on them. I'm also considering the S&W mp line, but i've saw what some of you think about those from previous topics.

Thank you,
Jay
I conceal a full size 1911, are these a larger/heavier pistol?
1911 is a slimmer weapon with less width. (thus, printing) Personally, I dont have a problem with an XDm printing but Im skinny and dont wear clothes that look like spandex on a sperm whale.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “Weapons of War”