Introduction- Future Soldier

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

theking
Egg

Introduction- Future Soldier

Post by theking »

Hello, my name is Josh. I am 19 years old and currently in the process of joining the National Guard. I am going active first and have yet to go to meps or take the asvab. I dropped out of high school due to legal issues but obtained a GED.

I just started getting back in shape and running again which is a challenge considering how my lungs are shot from smoking a pack or more a day. I also work out at the gym everyday and will hopefully be in shape before I ship out.

Lastly but not least I want to thank all the Rangers for putting their lives on the line for our Country and sacrificing so much.
Reiver
Ranger

Re: Introduction- Future Soldier

Post by Reiver »

Lad,

You've indicated where you've been. Not where you're going, or even a general direction (never mind azimuth) for how you intend to reach your objective...

Re-group, Re-think, Re-phrase, Re-address...

For the NG, for the Army, for the Nation...for Josh?

OUT
V/R...Reiver sends

Course 5-78
B/2-75th INF, 1976-79
Ft Bragg, NC, 1981-2006
Reiver
Ranger

Post by Reiver »

...and I read your other Post too.
V/R...Reiver sends

Course 5-78
B/2-75th INF, 1976-79
Ft Bragg, NC, 1981-2006
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Reiver wrote:Lad,

You've indicated where you've been. Not where you're going, or even a general direction (never mind azimuth) for how you intend to reach your objective...

Re-group, Re-think, Re-phrase, Re-address...

For the NG, for the Army, for the Nation...for Josh?

OUT
Nicely done!!

Welcome Josh... are you getting Ranger Reiver's hint here?
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
theking
Egg

Post by theking »

Sorry for the lack of information Ranger Reiver I didn't want to overkill my introduction with to much information.

I'm currently working with my recruiter to help me get into the NG. Since you read my last post I'm sure you understand some of the obstacles i'm facing just getting in yet alone passing everything. I have yet to go to meps and I want to go 11x option 40. If not 40 then option 4 and hopefully get into ranger school.

I just started getting in shape again and have been running a mile everyday and doing anaerobic activities to get me physically in shape. I know I can handle Ranger school if I'm given the chance. I'm willing to do whatever it takes no matter how hard it is. I won't give up until my body fails me.

I've always wanted to serve my country in some branch of the military I just didn't know what. Until one day I saw the movie Black Hawk Down. I was inspired about how the odds were stacked against them the Rangers prevailed. From then on I've always wanted to be a Ranger. I want to serve my country alongside of the elite.

Return to “Introduction Archive”