Amateur Archaeologists Find Skeletons at Army Ranger Birthpl

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Reiver
Ranger

Re: Amateur Archaeologists Find Skeletons at Army Ranger Birthpl

Post by Reiver »

Cool! Saw a book on Roger's Courts Martial the other month at a used book store. Will make a point of returning and seeing if they still have it. Like I don't have enough books already. Webster: Bibliophile, see image, "Reiver".

THANX for posting.
V/R...Reiver sends

Course 5-78
B/2-75th INF, 1976-79
Ft Bragg, NC, 1981-2006
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Private property or not, a burial site is a burial site. It shows no respect for the dead. But if you're dead, you can't object. I wonder if Richard and JoAnne would object to someone digging up their skeletons or those of their children in a couple of hundred years from now.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Once you are dead who cares what they do with your body
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

If you're ever in the area, it's an interesting place to visit. My son and I stopped there a few years ago. We had a copy of a map which showed what Rogers Island looked like back then. You had to mentally eliminate the train tracks, industrial waste and junk piles from your mind while you looked around and tried to match up the site to the map. The museum on the island is pretty cool too.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987

Return to “The News Dump”