What happens between RIP & Ranger School?

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
tsg1965
Egg

What happens between RIP & Ranger School?

Post by tsg1965 »

Thank you for the warm welcome to my Intro.

I have read through the different related topics on this site and my questions lie between the main focuses of explanation.

I spoke with my son on the phone (which is rare in basic) and the concerns that he and alot of fellow "Ranger Hopeful" recruits have is not with RIP or Ranger School but down the road. It is what occurs between RIP and Ranger School. They are under the impression that after RIP they would be assigned to the Ranger Training Battalion for up to a year getting "Smoked" and experiencing high speed/high speed training daily. Would one stay at Benning or go to another Ranger Battalion etc.?
Where as, if they go to a unit after jump school they will receive more practical unit training or go overseas which will prepare them better for the Ranger training down the road.

With that said. What is the traditional assignment and expectations of a soldier between RIP and Ranger School?

Any clarifications or experiences you share I will forward to my son.

Regards,

TSG1965
tsg1965
Egg

rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: What happens between RIP & Ranger School?

Post by rgrpuck »

A Ranger Bn where they will trained more ....they well be hardend more ...they will be deployed to combat. and they will do their job as Rangers. One day their team leader and squad leader will say that they have a slot to go to school then they will get a tab.

But as long as they wear the scroll they are Rangers ....It is painfull, dificult and fraught with danger and pitfalls. He if he doesnt quit and he doesnt get DX'ed he will look around and realize that in a year that only a hanful of people remian from his RIP class.

RIP only insures that you might have the mettel to make it in a BN. Only the man can wake up everyday, look in the mirror, and decide he will not quit today.....and he will continue to be the best.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

As the CSM stated...RIP---> Ranger Battalion--->Combat with their Ranger Battalion--->Ranger School once they are deemed mature enough to pass--->Back to Ranger Battalion--->More combat
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Nomad wrote:As the CSM stated...RIP---> Ranger Battalion--->Combat with their Ranger Battalion--->Ranger School once they are deemed mature enough to pass--->Back to Ranger Battalion--->More combat
An excellent career path, indeed.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I have seen many RIP graduates admonished: Yesterday was the last easy day. Now the tough part begins. You earned your tab and beret. Now it's up to you to keep them.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Change your avatar
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “About RASP”