E5's 2nd Reclass to 11B with RIP.

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Alaska907
US Army

E5's 2nd Reclass to 11B with RIP.

Post by Alaska907 »

I mentioned this question in my intro and know one has answered there thus far so I figured I would put it in a more appropriate area. Also I have scoured these boards for someone in the same situation that got some answers but that search has been fruitless.

Anyways, I'm considering a second reclass from 15T to 11B with the sole purpose of attending and hopefully graduating RIP. I'm and Sergeant and I've seen contradicting information about Regiment. I've seen that RIP is for E-1 thru E-4 and ROP is for E-5 and higher and then I've also seen that RIP was actually for E-1 thru E-5. But as far as I'm concerned I would attend RIP. And then I've read that Ranger School is a requirement to be an NCO in the Regiment. I'm not Ranger qualified but would be more than happy to go when my peers say its time. But above all that, 11B would be my 3rd MOS and already being a Sergeant how would that work for me. Does this even happen? I'm willing to consider a reduction in grade if I have to (and endure the ridicule for being a cherry infantryman).

Thanks.
D/2-82 (Assault), Maintenance Squad Leader
Alaska907
US Army

Re: E5's 2nd Reclass to 11B with RIP.

Post by Alaska907 »

1 - I wanted to know which was true about RIP is it a E-1 through E-5 or is it E-1 through E-4.
2 - Having graduated Ranger school is a regiment requirement to be a NCO the 75th, and me trying to get into the regiment as a non-Ranger qualified individual how would that work? Or does this even happen?

I guess I'm just really excited to do this but I'm a little worried that I might be too far in my career to do it.
Alaska907
US Army

Post by Alaska907 »

Thanks for clarifying all that for me. I hadn't even heard about RASP until just now.
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

They should have kept the acronym R.I.P for its psychological impact. I think the name alone caused one third of our potential Ripees to drop before the completion of BAC.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

not having read your intro yet, and not knowing your first MOS, going from a T in a VUM to 11B is just about as a big a 180 as you can get without being in an office gig.

you better get hard if you aren't already and you better want it bad enough to be ready for it, or you'll be disappointed.

and if Pre-Ranger is still what it was once, if RIP/RASP breaks it off in you, Pre-Ranger will just flat break you. I recommend you get down to a IN Bn and try to get a Ranger handbook off of them, and get a copy of whatever replaced FM 7-8 as a 3.04 series and start getting smart on it.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “About RASP”