SFC Hit_it....college question

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

SFC Hit_it....college question

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

SFC Hit_it.....I will be enlisting with 69 college credits and know that will make me an E-3 but I was wondering what will happen if I am able to finish my degree while in the Army....will I receive a promotion in rank or will I be able to go to OCS? I don't really have any desire to be an officer but I am a no-nothing right now...I may want to enter OCS later on.
thank you
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

if you finish your degree in the Army, you will be eligible for OCS. whether or not you go is entirely up to you.

there are plenty of us with degrees who are enlisted and felt no need to be an officer. some of us didn't like what we saw on that side of the house and chose not to go there. i am one of those people.

having a degree does make you more competitive for promotion in the enlisted ranks because it gives you the max promotion points in the civilian education category for both Sergeant and Staff Sergeant. it also makes your records shine when you are reviewed for SFC, MSG/1SG or CSM/SGM.

now, finishing your degree while in doesn't automatically make you a SPC. that is only a benefit for initial entry people. but by the time you finish you'll be a SPC anyway. not like you can do it overnight.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”