Congratulations to Staff Sgt hit_it

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Congratulations to Staff Sgt hit_it

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulations to Staff Sgt hit_it. You got another stripe I see. That is really great news Staff Sgt. I guess we all are gonna buy you a beer, or is it you gotta buy all us a beer......hahaha! Congratz, enjoy the new stripe SSGT hit_it.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

huh?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

oh, you got me for a second, Ranger Steadfast.

this rank is Sergeant First Class (SFC) or Platoon Sergeant. Pay Grade E-7.

one less stripe would be Staff Sergeant. Pay Grade E-6.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i had to think about where you were coming from for a sec.

when you were active, the rank structure was a little different, Ranger Steadfast.

i had a list of the changes through the years but i can't find it to post.

but the major changes are:

PFC is no longer one stripe. that's PVT (E-2)

Sergeant Major of the Army no longer has 2 stars inside the rank. it is now a coat of arms. he has his own flag now, too. like generals do.

no SP5's or higher any more.

not sure if my rank was Staff Sergeant back then, though i know it was called Staff Sergeant during WWII.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

So did you get promoted? If so congratulations! Way to Go Bro. You'll be a Master Sgt before you know it.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

hit_it wrote:i had to think about where you were coming from for a sec.

when you were active, the rank structure was a little different, Ranger Steadfast.

i had a list of the changes through the years but i can't find it to post.

but the major changes are:

PFC is no longer one stripe. that's PVT (E-2)

Sergeant Major of the Army no longer has 2 stars inside the rank. it is now a coat of arms. he has his own flag now, too. like generals do.

no SP5's or higher any more.

not sure if my rank was Staff Sergeant back then, though i know it was called Staff Sergeant during WWII.
hahahaha, I really made a mistake. I saw the new Avatar and thought you got a promo. Congratz on your promo hahahaha.

Ahem, (in a loud gruff voice) Carry on SFC hit_it! :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

BeadleBug wrote:So did you get promoted? If so congratulations! Way to Go Bro. You'll be a Master Sgt before you know it.
I was promoted to SFC at the beginning of this year, Ranger Beadle.

I'm happy for every stripe i get above SSG because i have a mouth on me.

an old school NCO among a bunch of enlisted politicians, if you will.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

I know exactly what you mean. BTW.... I'm kinda partial to Old School way of life myself. :wink:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Roasting
Soldier

Post by Roasting »

SFC hit_it - I've read that to make it past E-6 one has to do either Drill Sergeant or Recruiter duty. Is that correct? Did you get a choice or does the Army just say "you must be a Recruiter for X amount of time?"

What was your MOS before your current assigment? Sorry if these questions are too intrusive, it just seems you were on a high-speed pace (Bragg/Campbell) before getting "stuck" in recruiting.
penetra le tenebre
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

rossi46 wrote:SFC hit_it - I've read that to make it past E-6 one has to do either Drill Sergeant or Recruiter duty. Is that correct? Did you get a choice or does the Army just say "you must be a Recruiter for X amount of time?"

What was your MOS before your current assigment? Sorry if these questions are too intrusive, it just seems you were on a high-speed pace (Bragg/Campbell) before getting "stuck" in recruiting.
To be competitive for any rank above SSG, an NCO should have an assignment such as those. there is another that is in the same arena as well. AC/RC.

I have not known to many people who have not done an assignment like this and not made at least E-7. most make E-8.

we do get drafted for this. i was. i had intended on putting in a packet for Drill Sergeant but got "selected" for recruiting instead.

recruiting is a 3 year assignment, while Drill Sergeant is a 2 year assignment. the consensus being it takes a Recruiter about a year to set up his network and build rapport in his community, while a Drill Sergeant should not be allowed to physically shit on privates too long because it will permanently scar his brain. :lol:

my creds are listed in the sticky in this forum.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”