Life in the regiment, usuall schedules for the week

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
future808
Egg

Life in the regiment, usuall schedules for the week

Post by future808 »

I just have one question i did a search using key words like life in the regiment and things like that and i got nothing. I am just wondering what life is like for new ranger e1-e4 in the regiment, I have heard that life is pretty tough thats why RIP is so stringent. I am wondering if you aren't in the field or you aren't on deployment, do you get weekends off or sunday's off or what is the daily/weekly schedule for rangers in the regiment. Thankyou to anyone that put in there two sense.

Bryant

PS just tell me if you guys have an issue with me asking this type of question, I am just wodering as to what the schedule is like for rangers in the regiment.
"WE SLEEP SAFE IN OUR BEDS BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY IN THE NIGHT TO VISIT VIOLENCE ON THOSE WHO WOULD DO US HARM." -GEORGE ORWELL
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Life in the regiment, usuall schedules for thw week

Post by Invictus »

Bryant,

The more you peruse this forum, you'll notice a consistent pattern when it comes to aspiring soldiers.

1). First impressions are hard to overcome if they're negative. In some cases, they can be terminal with regard to your access to ArmyRanger.com. One of the things that makes a quick negative impressions is the lack of initiative shown in not using proper punctuation and grammar. I mean, is it really that difficult to hit {SHIFT} and type the letter "I"? If so, then maybe a scroll isn't for you.

2). Once you have made a positive first impression, you should remember you're only as good as your last post, until you've shown some consistency over time. Not surprisingly, there are many similarities between this and life in a Ranger Battalion....you have to earn it every day you wake up. There are no "gimmes". This is especially true of life as a private, or the ArmyRanger.com version of a private, a DEP. So once you've established some goodwill, don't get complacent and piss it all away.

3). Making one of your first posts a question on how much time you'll get off is bound to get you very quick, very vocal attention. They won't be of the "you're gonna be a great Ranger" variety either. Perhaps you have personal reasons for wondering about this...who knows. I can tell you the current OPTEMPO will chew up and spit out this mentality. If this really is a concern, maybe you should seek another path. From my experiences Fiances/Wives don't get MORE understanding as time goes on, but quite the opposite.

In response to your question, no one is going to give you that information. One reason is, that it can be different for everyone. Another is, because you have to earn that answer, not have it handed to you on a virtual golden plate.

Fear of the unknown and your response to it is a character builder as surely as jumping out of an airplane or a 12 mile road march. At least with those you know what you're getting into.
future808
Egg

Re: Life in the regiment, usuall schedules for the week

Post by future808 »

Okay thankyou for the advice, I understand now what kind of things are liked and not like on this website. Next time I will use more discression with the questions that I ask. To add a little bit to my question the question is not neccesarily for how much time off I will have as a member of the 75th, it was more too understand the Ranger way of life so that I can better prepare myself for the rigors that I am going to face in the regiment.
"WE SLEEP SAFE IN OUR BEDS BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY IN THE NIGHT TO VISIT VIOLENCE ON THOSE WHO WOULD DO US HARM." -GEORGE ORWELL
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Future808

DO NOT POST ANOTHER QUESTION OR COMMENT UNTIL YOU GET YOURSELF AN AVATAR. READ THE RULES, THEN FOLLOW THE RULES. THIS IS YOUR ONLY AND FINAL WARNING.

As for the "spirit" of your question, I would dare say that there isn't a Ranger on this board or elsewhere that ever thought about how much time they got off once they got to Battalion (prior to getting there). We were more concerned with making sure we were prepared to "REMAIN" at Battalion or Regiment once we got there. Adjust your mindset and focus on what it takes to get there, stay there and succeed there.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

1. Most likely, even after the completion of RIP, your PT will be substandard when compared to the men who have been training in Batt for awhile (not speaking about the broke-dick arms room and supply guys...). Plan on spending evenings and weekends improving it.

2. Depending on the tenor of your platoon/company you may have to rappel out your window or make break through the gauntlet after the close of the week's final formation, lest you be beaten down and snagged for CQ duty and/or use as a random smoke session play toy. Sometimes you will have to hide in the laundry room awaiting the chance to jump out the window and rush off in your friend's pick up truck. Hiding in the bed of that toyota with a tarp pulled over you and three other guys works well too, when the platoon sergeant comes looking for you. I know several cherries who did just that....
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

future808 wrote:Okay thankyou for the advice, I understand now what kind of things are liked and not like on this website. Next time I will use more discression with the questions that I ask. To add a little bit to my question the question is not neccesarily for how much time off I will have as a member of the 75th, it was more too understand the Ranger way of life so that I can better prepare myself for the rigors that I am going to face in the regiment.

Who exactly are you addressing in this post? I guess you have not read the site rules and SOP yet. I suggest you do so ASAP and listen to Ranger Bugsy's advice.

Good post Invictus
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

and capitalize Ranger and Regiment. quit besmirching my heritage and unit.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

JohnDowland wrote:Depending on the tenor of your platoon/company you may have to rappel out your window or make break through the gauntlet after the close of the week's final formation, lest you be beaten down and snagged for CQ duty and/or use as a random smoke session play toy. Sometimes you will have to hide in the laundry room awaiting the chance to jump out the window and rush off in your friend's pick up truck. Hiding in the bed of that toyota with a tarp pulled over you and three other guys works well too, when the platoon sergeant comes looking for you. I know several cherries who did just that....
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt to prove it! :lol: :lol:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

boscounderfoot wrote:
JohnDowland wrote:Depending on the tenor of your platoon/company you may have to rappel out your window or make break through the gauntlet after the close of the week's final formation, lest you be beaten down and snagged for CQ duty and/or use as a random smoke session play toy. Sometimes you will have to hide in the laundry room awaiting the chance to jump out the window and rush off in your friend's pick up truck. Hiding in the bed of that toyota with a tarp pulled over you and three other guys works well too, when the platoon sergeant comes looking for you. I know several cherries who did just that....
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt to prove it! :lol: :lol:
That's a great way to ensure your Platoon Sergeant learns your name quickly.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Seabass1-4
Ranger

Post by Seabass1-4 »

Things go well for the young ones that pop up on the PSG's radar early in life
Bco 2/75 1997-2004
HHC & Aco 2/75 2007-2009
Class 9/98
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Seabass1-4 wrote:Things go well for the young ones that pop up on the PSG's radar early in life

So funny, and yet so true.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”