Out on Con Leave

Basic & AIT
JRhea716
Embryo

Out on Con Leave

Post by JRhea716 »

Hello Rangers,

I wasn't sure which category to file this under, but since I'm currently OSUT I figured this one would work. As of now I'm out on Con-Leave, during week 6 of training I broke my wrist in the Pugle Stick fight training. Talk about a bummer. I had to have a full arm cast up to my shoulder until week 10, then I finally got a short arm cast. I went ahead with the option for Con Leave, and I report back to my company May 28th. I'm doing well to keep my morale and determination up. I still have no doubts that I will become an Airborne Ranger one day, this is just a minor setback. Anyways, I just thought that I should update everyone with my situation. Thanks for all the advice in the past, it was very useful.

Pv2
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Out on Con Leave

Post by Jim »

JRhea716 wrote:Hello Rangers,

I wasn't sure which category to file this under, but since I'm currently OSUT I figured this one would work. As of now I'm out on Con-Leave, during week 6 of training I broke my wrist in the Pugle Stick fight training. Talk about a bummer. I had to have a full arm cast up to my shoulder until week 10, then I finally got a short arm cast. I went ahead with the option for Con Leave, and I report back to my company May 28th. I'm doing well to keep my morale and determination up. I still have no doubts that I will become an Airborne Ranger one day, this is just a minor setback. Anyways, I just thought that I should update everyone with my situation. Thanks for all the advice in the past, it was very useful.

Pv2
Take the time to heal. Ensure that your push-ups are good so that you can complete BAC and RIP. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Definitely take the time to heal. Do what PT you are able to do with that cast on. As with most things, your mental state will be the driving force in healing and successfully completing training.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

yep, do what PT you can to stay in shape. but heal properly. if it means a reset in OSUT, so be it. get your mind right, it's just a short blip.

had a buddy that broke his wrist in BN, and only had a forearm cast. he ran with it. and did everything he could but push ups.

do what you can, but don't do more, and make sure you heal. if you can ride a stationary bike, or get on an elliptical for cardio, do so.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
dirty1
Ranger

Post by dirty1 »

Stick with it. One of my best friends broke his leg in basic. He spent over a year there. He is now about to take a platoon in BN. Never quit
B/2/1
3/75 02-07
RS 10-03

Thats the beauty of alcohol: if you don't remember it, it didn't happen!

Return to “About OSUT”