Feet Going Numb while Running

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: Feet Going Numb while Running

Post by BadMuther »

panthersix wrote:Besides there's that old myth about "big feet = big wiener" so you may want to go for it!

1/75 guys...

All about the COCK!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Back when we ran in jump boots, we never had these kinds of problems... :)
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Ranger Bill wrote:Back when we ran in jump boots, we never had these kinds of problems... :)
People poo-poo that, but (here it comes) :D in my favorite book military fitness he recommends running in boots 50% of the time.

I personally hate running, and think it's overated. As my favorite author says, how often in the military are you going to run 5 miles in shorts and running shoes on the battlefield?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Bill wrote:Back when we ran in jump boots, we never had these kinds of problems... :)
We just watched our arches collapse as the discs bulged.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Jim wrote:
We just watched our arches collapse as the discs bulged.
We ran in jungle boots on pavement in green t-shirts and white boxers shorts. :lol:
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

There were two Armies where I was in the last part of the 70's, there was the 24th Motorized African Rifle Regiment at Fort Stuart (pretty much like the video you posted) and then there was the 1st Ranger BN at HAAF where we learned how to kick tigers in the face with our RANGER LEGS!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
RichB
USAF Veteran

Post by RichB »

Disinfertention wrote:I appreciate the response Rich.

My whole time in I've been using the wrong type of shoes with limited problems. When I finally had someone tell me the kind of shoe I needed is when I've had my small problems. Again, I've had these shoes for at least 2 months now and are just seeing the problem come up.

I'll look into the things you suggested. I don't think it's Morton's Neuroma because there is no pain. It just slowly goes numb after 20 minutes or so of running. It's only happened twice so I haven't isolated timing or anything like that yet.

My shoes may be too narrow. The pair I had prior to this were E's and these are normal width. My feet still feel comfortable though. No discomfort while running. The only thing I have gotten with these shoes is occasional arch pain. Never too serious, just slight.

Anyway, I didn't go to the TMC today because I just can't justify it yet... Plus someone I work with gets the same issue and did go. They didn't do anything for him because something like this is apparently difficult to diagnose.

Ranger Disinfertention,

Now that you have confirmed that your last pair of running shoes was a wide--I would almost bet that if you went back to a wide width that this problem would rectify itself.

Sometimes, an individual/runner and even a US Army Ranger can wear the wrong shoe for an extended period of time and have zero issues, then one day an injury occurs? The underlying cause is the shoe itself. It's the whole repetitiveness of the activity in the wrong shoe that eventually catches up to you.

Just out of curiosity what is the brand and model of shoe you are wearing?

Best of luck,

RichB

I look forward to the day I can call myself a US Army Ranger
Ship date 20090902
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Back when the Army was hard? " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's a fact, JACK!
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

panthersix wrote:There were two Armies where I was in the last part of the 70's, there was the 24th Motorized African Rifle Regiment at Fort Stuart (pretty much like the video you posted) and then there was the 1st Ranger BN at HAAF where we learned how to kick tigers in the face with our RANGER LEGS!
BWahahahahhahahaaaa!!
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

RichB wrote:Just out of curiosity what is the brand and model of shoe you are wearing?
I was wearing New Balance 902's. My new ones are NB 1011's. I weigh about 190.

I did intervals this morning for about 3.3 miles and didn't get anything from it. Not that I was expecting to since my threshold seems to be around 3.5 at a constant pace. I did loosen them up a bit...

The only other thing I do differently is I lace them so when I tighten them it will lock on itself. That way if they do come undone they won't loosen. I have it in the top notch. I'm going to move it down to the first one out of the set of three to see if that takes some strain of my ankle which maybe is cutting of circulation...
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
RichB
USAF Veteran

Post by RichB »

Disinfertention wrote:
RichB wrote:Just out of curiosity what is the brand and model of shoe you are wearing?
I was wearing New Balance 902's. My new ones are NB 1011's. I weigh about 190.

I did intervals this morning for about 3.3 miles and didn't get anything from it. Not that I was expecting to since my threshold seems to be around 3.5 at a constant pace. I did loosen them up a bit...

The only other thing I do differently is I lace them so when I tighten them it will lock on itself. That way if they do come undone they won't loosen. I have it in the top notch. I'm going to move it down to the first one out of the set of three to see if that takes some strain of my ankle which maybe is cutting of circulation...

Ranger Disinfertention,

The 902 was a light weight trainer, low profile shoe that had moderate medial stability. Certainly a much more responsive shoe that allows for a quicker heel to toe transition.

On the other hand the 1011MC is a motion control shoe, providing much more medial stability and control--perhaps even a bit too much for you? Typically, this type of shoe is quite a bit heavier. Unless, you have a very flat foot you can probably do a lot better.

keeping the laces looser will certainly help but I suspect you probably still need the 2E width.

The replacement for your 902 is now called the MR904LW It comes in a wide width (2E)

I would also recommend the Asics GT 2140 or Brooks Adrenaline in a 2e. Both these shoes are geared for moderate over pronators.

If your problems persists PM me and I can get those shoes back to New Balance for you and replaced with a pair that is more suitable for your foot type.

Hopefully this information has been helpful.

RichB
Ship date 20090902
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

BadMuther wrote:
I personally hate running, and think it's overated. As my favorite author says, how often in the military are you going to run 5 miles in shorts and running shoes on the battlefield?
People who can't get layed say the same about sex. :roll:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Bcosniper
Ranger

Post by Bcosniper »

BadMuther wrote:
I know people say this at times usually because they suck at it. But the issue isn't whether or not you will run 5 miles on a battlefield. It's all about your ability to cope with stress and perform (think breathing and trigger control) while your body is trying to recover. The better your aerobic condition the faster you can regain your composure after you run balls to the wall for 200 meters with you ruck and body armor on. That's my theory anyway.
Bco 2/75 1st Plt, Webco
1990-1996
RS 12-91

All you got to do is breeeeaaatth and squeeze
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Running and Human Evolution
Nice one. I'll ride the horse. You can run 22 miles.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “About Army Physical Training”