Difference of pace between infantry OSUT and RIP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
future808
Egg

Difference of pace between infantry OSUT and RIP

Post by future808 »

how much is the difference of pace between OSUT and airborne school, to RIP. Correct me if i am wrong but wont OSUT and airborne school get you well used to the pace that you are going to encounter at RIP. I plan to be physically fit before I even enlist but I plan on OSUT preparing me even more for the gut check that i am going to encounter at RIP. Anybodys thoughts on the issue are much appreciated.
"WE SLEEP SAFE IN OUR BEDS BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY IN THE NIGHT TO VISIT VIOLENCE ON THOSE WHO WOULD DO US HARM." -GEORGE ORWELL
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Difference of pace between infantry OSUT and RIP

Post by KW Driver »

and when he unlocks this, you spend some time looking around and answer your own question. it's not a request.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

well high speed, you been back yet?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

future808 wrote:how much is the difference of pace between OSUT and airborne school, to RIP. Correct me if i am wrong but wont OSUT and airborne school get you well used to the pace that you are going to encounter at RIP. I plan to be physically fit before I even enlist but I plan on OSUT preparing me even more for the gut check that i am going to encounter at RIP. Anybodys thoughts on the issue are much appreciated.
No.

Strive to be in the best shape you can be prior to basic and then count on doing PT on your own until you hit RIP.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Tater Nuts wrote:About 3 minutes per mile.
Bwahahahhahahaa!! :D
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

future808 wrote:how much is the difference of pace between OSUT and airborne school, to RIP. Correct me if i am wrong but wont OSUT and airborne school get you well used to the pace that you are going to encounter at RIP. I plan to be physically fit before I even enlist but I plan on OSUT preparing me even more for the gut check that i am going to encounter at RIP. Anybodys thoughts on the issue are much appreciated.
YOU SIR are in for a rude awakening..... :lol:
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08

Return to “About RASP”