Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

BobS421
Future Soldier Mod/ Opt40

Introduction

Post by BobS421 »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Bobby, I am 20 years old and I'm from Spotsylvania, Virginia. This past Tuesday I enlisted in the Army w/ an 11x contract + Option 40 and I ship out May 18th. I've already soaked up tons of information from this site and can't wait to learn more about what it takes to become an Army Ranger.
candyman
Paratrooper

Re: Introduction

Post by candyman »

Welcome, stay squared away and do the right thing. No matter who is watching, or is not.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. (Vince Lombardi)

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

B/2-75 Ranger Bn
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting to become an Army Ranger. You have a little over a month before you ship, so get any loose ends squared away and do some moderate PT without overdoing it and getting an injury. Read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
BobS421
Future Soldier Mod/ Opt40

Post by BobS421 »

Thank you for your replies Rangers.

I've already started my PT and am up to running 3-4 miles every other day (12:39 two-mile), 82 sit-ups, and 55 push-ups. I've incorporated many of the tips, exercises, and workouts from the Army PT Training section on this forum and I owe many thanks to everyone who has shared their personal routines/workouts etc..
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Now that's manly! Commit first then come here for advice. I think you'll do fine, just adopt the never quit mind set and think about coming home to your family with the Ranger Beret on your head. That thought kept me "keeping on" in more than a few RIP rucks!

Don't forget to sever all ties with the female of the species. Better to dump them now than to get a Dear Bob letter in training! There's a war on and you may not get home for a few months, you don't need some female pulling on your heart to leave the Rangers because she's lonely.....I'm just sayin...not that this ever happened to me or anything...
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for you willingness to serve our great country as an Army Ranger. NEVER QUIT!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
rambram84
Embryo

Post by rambram84 »

panthersix wrote:Now that's manly! Commit first then come here for advice. I think you'll do fine, just adopt the never quit mind set and think about coming home to your family with the Ranger Beret on your head. That thought kept me "keeping on" in more than a few RIP rucks!

Don't forget to sever all ties with the female of the species. Better to dump them now than to get a Dear Bob letter in training! There's a war on and you may not get home for a few months, you don't need some female pulling on your heart to leave the Rangers because she's lonely.....I'm just sayin...not that this ever happened to me or anything...
Ah, and I just committed suicide by getting married! LOL.

Return to “Introduction Archive”