Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

rambram84
Embryo

Introduction

Post by rambram84 »

Hi Rangers!
First and foremost; my out-most respect to you ALL. Thank you for keeping my family and I protected.
ROTC:
-Name Line: Sam
-School attending, and school ROTC program is at (if in a satellite program)
-School BN name: Surfrider Battalion
-MS level Completion Cadet (MS IV)
-AKO address: ***DELETED BY ADMIN: PERSEC***

I am 24 years old and have longed to join the U.S. Army. After high school, I had no direction whatsoever. I was in the cross-roads between enlisting or pursue my B.A. So, I asked myself, why not do Army ROTC and get my degree at the same time? So I contacted the local ROTC recruiting officer Maj. Salvo. I contracted back in 06 and am will commission 10APR2009 mother-branch Signal, branch detail IN. I cannot wait to start active duty as this has been my life-long dream and ambition to serve. I will be at BOLCII & IBOLC from 07JUN09-27OCT09 @ Benning. No orders for Ranger school yet, however. Here is the link to our tactical instructor. He is close to retirement and he taught me well. http://www.milsci.ucsb.edu/battalion_in ... Brown.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome, Cadet.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratualtions.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
rambram84
Embryo

Post by rambram84 »

Hello Rangers,

Would just like to let ya know I got my 1st Duty Station choice of Ft. Lewis this AM. YAY!
(As I want to go Stryker)
Take care.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rambram84 wrote:Hello Rangers,

Would just like to let ya know I got my 1st Duty Station choice of Ft. Lewis this AM. YAY!
Take care.
Welcome...

Glad to see you got the follow-on assignment you wanted. Please invite SFC brown to come join us at armyranger.com
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rambram84
Embryo

Post by rambram84 »

Jim wrote:
rambram84 wrote:Hello Rangers,

Take care.
Welcome...

Glad to see you got the follow-on assignment you wanted. Please invite SFC brown to come join us at armyranger.com
Definitely will inform him. According to him, he's not very computer literate. But he loves all HALO games. lol.
rambram84
Embryo

Post by rambram84 »

Hello Rangers,

Quick update. I received my commission 1JUN09. I am to report to Ft. Benning for BOLC II 7JUN09 and then IBOLC 26JUL-27OCT. I was thinking of driving from CA to Benning, but had car trouble. So now I will be taking the Greyhound.

It has been a long rocky road for me to reach this goal and my wife and I are so happy that this day has come.

Also, this site has really helped me answer questions I have had in the past. I especially enjoyed reading the LRRP section and reading your "do's n dont's" in recon. I will be using your advice during my stx and patrolling lanes ;)

One more note, my PMS didn't really answer my questions regarding TDY/PCS. I guess I will ask all that while in-processing.

Thanks for serving Rangers and now it's my turn.
rambram84
Embryo

Post by rambram84 »

Hello to all Rangers,

This site has been nothing more than good service to me. It has helped me very well in prepping for RS. I just completed IOBC this past Thurs. I begin RS NOV 1. If I complete RS, there'd been only 2 from my ROTC BN to be tabbed. Again, thanks to all of you who have answered all the questions regarding RS.
rambram84
Embryo

Post by rambram84 »

And roger.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

ZoneIV wrote:
rambram84 wrote:If I complete RS
Take "if" out of your vocabulary! Go in with the attitude that absoutely nothing is going to stop you from reaching the objective. Get it done!
X2! Rangers don't "if" nothing.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
rambram84
Embryo

Post by rambram84 »

Hello all Rangers,

Well, quick update while on my 8hr pass. Unfortunately, I have recycled Darby. I got peered out at 58%...(very surprising to me, since I believe I did help my sqd out ALOT). I am very bummed out because I thought we were a tight group. Initially, my company co. recommended me going to mtns., but after speaking with Bn commander, he said if I wanted to stay in, I'd have to be a Darby insert. I want my tab, so I am willing to re-do Darby in Jan. Darby was fun, I love being in the field (just not the cold), and working with people who share the same interest. Til then, Rangers, I will be at the hold-over studying and taking classes, which will help alot.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rambram84 wrote:Hello all Rangers,

Well, quick update while on my 8hr pass. Unfortunately, I have recycled Darby. I got peered out at 58%...(very surprising to me, since I believe I did help my sqd out ALOT). I am very bummed out because I thought we were a tight group. Initially, my company co. recommended me going to mtns., but after speaking with Bn commander, he said if I wanted to stay in, I'd have to be a Darby insert. I want my tab, so I am willing to re-do Darby in Jan. Darby was fun, I love being in the field (just not the cold), and working with people who share the same interest. Til then, Rangers, I will be at the hold-over studying and taking classes, which will help alot.
Ranger School is its own reward. I did the mountains twice (ruck injury), and there are Rangers here who had several recycles before finally graduating. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”