The credit card companies have started it….

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Re: The credit card companies have started it….

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:In the mail yesterday from Chase ......
We are sending you this notice to let you know that we will be making some changes to your business card account in response to market conditions and to maintain profitability on your account

The standard Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for purchases and balance transfers will change to: the Prime Rate plus 10.99%, which as of December 15, 2008 would be 14.99%
That is an 8% increase to the original 6.99% rate I have held on this account for about 5 years! Never a late payment or over my limit. Only for their "profitability".

Fuckers! I paid off the account in full and told them to fuck themselves.

No expert here but I have been expecting the CC companies to start doing this. Hope nobody is maxed out with a high limit when the letter comes! Fuckers……….
American Express. Dont leave home without it.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

You may thank our Congress for this horse shit!
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I don't use credit cards. It's all a fucking sham to begin with.

If I can't pay for it out of my checking account, I don't fucking buy it.

I don't care how much money you make or how good your credit might be, those fuckers are bad news.

If you do use them, AMEX is the way to go.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I just got my notice for a Visa card I have. Same thing. I almost shit when my woman told me about it.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Unfortunately, they have been doing shit like this for years and getting away with it. To them it's a matter of percentages. A certain number of people who get that letter won't even bother to open it, and so the company will make more money off them. The funny thing is, if you call them up and say "fuck you! put my percentage rate back or I am going to another vendor.." usually they will do it, or close to it. You will be on the phone for almost an hour on hold and talk to several different people, but in the end will give you what you want, rather than loose your business.

If you haven't canceled your card, call them back and try it. Just be polite, don't loose your temper, and insist that you think it's unfair, you are a loyal customer, yada yada..

You're right though, it is bullshit.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Hung Low wrote:My direct deposit for all my overseas work from the last 20 months has gone into Chase, so they've a decent chunk of my change. So far they've declined every request I've submitted, to include one for a cc(I have good credit). Chase is supposedly a bank that is in substantially better shape than the average one out there. I'm wondering what you have to do to get in their good graces?
No matter, I'm going to slam them here real soon and tranfer all but like $100 into another bank account. I'll tell 'em you said hi, Zonk! 8)
Sometimes the only recourse is close an account and move it elsewhere. I had to do it with CB&T while I lived in Columbus. Those fuckers kept taking out for "fees" here and there that they really couldn't explain well. I only got some refunded when they did it one last time. I walked right into the closest branch and closed my account. I told the fuckers to give it to me in cash also just to fuck with them (about 25 grand.. Don't worry, I had my glock 30 in the car..) I drove right over to TIC and deposited the whole thing there. They had much better service.

If you want to keep the Chase account make sure they don't have fees for less than minimum balance. Otherwise, I would just close the account and tell them "blow me". Sometimes if you have less than a minimum balance, say 500 bucks, they can keep hitting you for maintainence fees until your account is depleted.

Fuck those motherfucking blood sucking leeches. If you can, move that shit someplace better for you like a credit union or smaller local bank.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Rumor has it some CC cards in Limey Land are up to 48%. If that isn't incentive to never carry a balance I don't know what is.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Luna wrote:I don't use credit cards. It's all a fucking sham to begin with.

If I can't pay for it out of my checking account, I don't fucking buy it.

I don't care how much money you make or how good your credit might be, those fuckers are bad news.

If you do use them, AMEX is the way to go.
For years, I followed the same practice, but I started using credit cards so I would not have to carry too much cash. While I pay my bill every month and never carry a balance, I don't care what interest they charge -- I don't pay them.

A couple times over the past year or so AMEX has tried to hit me with a fee of some kind -- I've been able to get them to waive the fees by threatening to cancel my card.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “The Mosh Pit”