Time between RIP and Ranger School

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
hit-the-lights
Embryo

Time between RIP and Ranger School

Post by hit-the-lights »

Rangers,

Do Ranger hopefuls (11B/Abn/Opt 40.) that pass RIP move immediately on to RS, or do they typically move to Batt. to await an RS slot?

I have been researching armyranger.com and doing other internet searches to figure out the answer to this question, but haven't figured it out.

Thanks.........

Eric
Luck is the residue of hard work.

18X Recruit
Ship Date: 20091006
acs88
Embryo

Re: Time between RIP and Ranger School

Post by acs88 »

Before any one destroys you it's on here. Trust me. You think you're the first person to ask that? That is a pretty common question. Now finding it is another story. You have to want to sift through all these posts.....or learn how to use that crafty little search button, or google. Either way I doubt you will get an answer in this post.

**edit**

Plus your join date makes you look kind of new. I don't know how long you have been visiting this site but I have been getting on daily for the past couple of months and I always find something new. This is the encyclopedia of all things Ranger, and just like the encyclopedia it is big and takes a long time to read through. So break out your reading glasses because you got a lot of reading to do.
hit-the-lights
Embryo

Post by hit-the-lights »

I cruised the site for awhile before signing up. I've been getting on here daily since I signed up though... trying to soak up everything that I can.

The nearest answer to my question that I found on here pertained to whether or not there is a wait between Airborne and RIP...

Thanks for the reply acs88.

18X Recruit
BMAN1/75
Ranger

Post by BMAN1/75 »

being the FNG here i still think its ok to crush em, you all have a ton of posted links/ information on here to look through and oh yea rules

but heres my 2 cents just try to get through RIP 1st then worry about what ever happens next, and oh yea some NCO will tell you what next is anyways!
I like you, I'll kill you last

B1/75, A1/75,RIP,A2/75,HHC1/75,A1/75
93-08
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

The short answer:

You will definately not leave RIP and report to RS. The length of time between the two schools depends on many factors. With the GWOT going on in several places globally, The Army will likely need you on the battlefield more than in a school.

Your peer is correct, though. There are some threads about this topic. Find them, and you'll get the longer answer. :wink:

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
hit-the-lights
Embryo

Post by hit-the-lights »

EarthPig wrote:The short answer:

You will definately not leave RIP and report to RS. The length of time between the two schools depends on many factors. With the GWOT going on in several places globally, The Army will likely need you on the battlefield more than in a school.

Your peer is correct, though. There are some threads about this topic. Find them, and you'll get the longer answer. :wink:

RLTW
EP
Ranger EarthPig --- Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Ranger BMAN1/75 --- Thanks for the insight.

18X Recruit
hit-the-lights
Embryo

Post by hit-the-lights »

I want to add that I have just read Ranger cdwdirect's post about putting in dues at Batt. just to get the chance to head to Ranger School. Great posting, and opens up my eyes. Should have read it earlier. My fault.

Everything about being a Ranger seems to be earned, every inch. At least that is what I have read. I can't say for certain because I have not been there. I merely aspire to.

I realize that I don't know dick. I merely want a chance to give what I have got to the 75th. Hopefully I will be squared away at RIP so that I might get the privilege.

Respect.

Eric

18X Recruit
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

hit-the-lights wrote: Everything about being a Ranger seems to be earned, every inch. At least that is what I have read. I can't say for certain because I have not been there. I merely aspire to.
It is earned. And it is worthwhile.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Now stop posting and start reading.