Panama 89 Verification

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Panama 89 Verification

Post by SkyShark »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not. Mods or Admin if incorrect please move to correct forum.

As some of you know I am an Operations Manager with a rental Car Company and I work in an Airport.

Anyway, yesterday I was BS'ing with a couple of the Limo Drivers here in the Aiport and one of them was telling me about his buddy another limo driver who wasn't there at the time. He told me that his buddy was with the 101st and jumped into Panama then got "pinned" down with the Rangers. I told him that the 101st didn't jump into Panama only, Rangers, 82nd and certain SF units from different branches did and that the 101st wasn't on status at the time. He told me that they were. I didn't argue it anymore. However he was very sure that his buddy was with the 101st and his unit was with the 101st and was in several firefights with the Rangers that were there. I asked him what Battalion of Regiment but he didn't know.

Do any of you know if there were any units with the 101st that were in the same area or anything with the 75th during Panama? I know there were some 82nd guys that were in the same area (504th) but I never heard of anything regarding the 101st being there. Can any verifiy for me for when I see this guy later today?

Thanks
It's all good.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Re: Panama 89 Verification

Post by SkyShark »

Are any of you guys in this picture?

Famous on Wikipedia!! 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Opera ... _small.jpg
It's all good.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

The 101 didn't even participate.

4th ID and 7th ID are the only leg units I can think of at this time, that participated in the operation.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Luna wrote:The 101 didn't even participate.

4th ID and 7th ID are the only leg units I can think of at this time, that participated in the operation.
Not 4ID, Mike, it was the 5th Mech out of Fort Polk. They sent a couple M-113 Companies.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

SkyShark wrote:Are any of you guys in this picture?

Famous on Wikipedia!! 8)

That was my company. RangerX may be able to name some of the Rangers shown. I don't think any of them are members here.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

abnhawk wrote:
SkyShark wrote:Are any of you guys in this picture?

Famous on Wikipedia!! 8)

That was my company. RangerX may be able to name some of the Rangers shown. I don't think any of them are members here.
The picture is too small for me to see, but the one on the far right looks like Moran. Can't remember what platoon he was in though.

I was up on the roof of Modelo covering La Commandancia with my M-24 when this all went down. Fun stuff that.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The Mosh Pit”