Good Sign?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
blueeyes85
Embryo

Good Sign?

Post by blueeyes85 »

Rangers,
Hope someone might be able to help me out a bit. My boyfriend is in Ranger School right now. Should have completed Mountain phase this past week and be in Florida now. However, no one, including his family has heard from him if he passed or not. Not sure if this is a bad sign. I was guessing even if he recycled he would have been able to call and let someone know. Going into Mountain phase he had 4 major pluses and two minor plusses, no minuses and the RIs told him if he continued as he was he would be honor grad. I got a letter from the beginning of mountians and he said he was really enjoying this phases but he hadn't done any patrols yet then...Mail is alittle slow getting out Ijust got his letters from Darby this past week..But is that a bad sign if we didn't hear from him whether he passed and should I chance it and start sending letters to FL? THanks for the help!
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Good Sign?

Post by Silverback »

blueeyes85 wrote:Rangers,
Hope someone might be able to help me out a bit. My boyfriend is in Ranger School right now. Should have completed Mountain phase this past week and be in Florida now. However, no one, including his family has heard from him if he passed or not. Not sure if this is a bad sign. I was guessing even if he recycled he would have been able to call and let someone know. Going into Mountain phase he had 4 major pluses and two minor plusses, no minuses and the RIs told him if he continued as he was he would be honor grad. I got a letter from the beginning of mountians and he said he was really enjoying this phases but he hadn't done any patrols yet then...Mail is alittle slow getting out Ijust got his letters from Darby this past week..But is that a bad sign if we didn't hear from him whether he passed and should I chance it and start sending letters to FL? THanks for the help!
PM sent
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
troll
Ranger

Re: Good Sign?

Post by troll »

I would not read into it. My thoughts from '95. I recycled 2x. At the time there were 4 phases (Desert). Some times there was no break between the phases..The class was behind and as soon as you got done with your feedback session with the RI you went to the next phasse. Yet when you recycle we got the phone lines opened up with in a day.

AS far as the mail goes....If you get it while he is still in Ranger school it is not late. I pulled a RS letter to my wife out of my mailbox a YEAR AFTER I graduated. No exaggerating. Good luck to him....and you.
Bco 1/75
'92-'96
Rgr Class 1-95

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”