Pass after Darby Phase

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
blueeyes85
Embryo

Pass after Darby Phase

Post by blueeyes85 »

Rangers,

Hope someone could answer this for me. I searched and couldn't find this answered anywhere yet. My soldier is in Ranger School now and has been doing great with it so far. I know they get their 8 hour pass after Darby Phase. From what we can deduce so far. He reported on Oct. 12th, 2008 and would be done and getting refit before mountains on Oct 31st and that would be when his pass is? My question is this first if I am not military can I get on base to pick him up for that or do I need to have him meet me somewhere off base and two will he have the ability to call before then to let me know more specifically. Thanks!
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

Not a Ranger...but...With the proper ID, and Registration you can get a day pass to get on base in the office that says "Visitors"at the main gate off of Victory drive.
You will find many answers to your questions already posted in the fox hole.
Hope this helps.
Last edited by Warriorwife on October 22nd, 2008, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueeyes85
Embryo

Post by blueeyes85 »

Thanks so much Warriorwife!
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

make time to get the pass so that you are waiting at the gate for him when he is released.

not sure, but there used to be places off of Benning Drive (main gate entrance road off Victory Drive) or off Lumpkin Dr ( south off Victory Dr., further west of Bennnig Dr) that you could throw his nasty clothes and some money at a Korean woman and come back a few hours later to pick up the clean, folded clothes. not sure if they are still around, but there were laundrymats that would do it for you. that would be worth researching.

and if you have clippers, you can give him a new baldy at the hotel at some point instead of wasting y'alls time at a barber shop.

have food/drinks in the car, know where the good restaurants are, have food drinks in the hotel... you get the picture...

if you are going to have adult beverages for him, and he wants to drink 'em, have a sippy cup cause GA has open container laws, and he ain't alowed to drink anyway I think. I'm just saying...

the more planning, map recon you do, the more relaxed he can be, and the more quality time you can spend together instead of running here and there to get this and that done that he needs/thinks he needs done.

Ranger school

I'm not sure what web browser you're using, but just accept/continue when you click it, the security certificate's are good.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
judgeM
US Army

To See or Not to See?

Post by judgeM »

From the Ranger's perspective - is it a good idea or a bad idea to see your future Ranger during the Darby pass? I'm not really one of those emotionally needy significant others, as I'm also active duty military.

I'm most concerned with getting him some homemade food and getting his laundry done, packing list squared away, and such. If he wants to sleep while that is being done, that's fine with me.

Any advice on what a Ranger wants after training the first phase? Or how best to support him?

Thanks.
Judge M

"Reverentia Legum" - Respect the Law
Silverback
Ranger

Re: To See or Not to See?

Post by Silverback »

judgeM wrote:From the Ranger's perspective - is it a good idea or a bad idea to see your future Ranger during the Darby pass? I'm not really one of those emotionally needy significant others, as I'm also active duty military.

I'm most concerned with getting him some homemade food and getting his laundry done, packing list squared away, and such. If he wants to sleep while that is being done, that's fine with me.

Any advice on what a Ranger wants after training the first phase? Or how best to support him?

Thanks.

If nothing more he'll appreciate the ride, because the students are not allowed to drive.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
judgeM
US Army

Darby Ride

Post by judgeM »

Do you have any idea what time they get released on Friday? 0900? I'm actually planning on staying at his apartment the night before, and picking him and his buddy up as soon as they get released, so they don't waste any time.

Thanks!
Judge M

Silverback
Ranger

Re: Darby Ride

Post by Silverback »

judgeM wrote:Do you have any idea what time they get released on Friday? 0900? I'm actually planning on staying at his apartment the night before, and picking him and his buddy up as soon as they get released, so they don't waste any time.

Thanks!
Contact these folks, they are the ones that release and reassemble the students between phases.

Senior TAC : (706) 544-6413
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
PocketKings
Ranger

Re: To See or Not to See?

Post by PocketKings »

judgeM wrote:From the Ranger's perspective - is it a good idea or a bad idea to see your future Ranger during the Darby pass? I'm not really one of those emotionally needy significant others, as I'm also active duty military.

Thanks.
After Darby the best thing I got was:

1) A ride out of that place (I had to call 15 folks before I got hold of someone)

2) my laundry done and folded

3) A nap while #2 was happening

4) a bite to eat

All this was done by a guy in my IOBC platoon (and his wife) who I didn't even know all that well. To date it is one of the nicest things done for me by someone with absolutely nothing to gain from it.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

Any advice on what a Ranger wants after training the first phase?

Food
Sex
Sleep
not nessesarilly in that order. :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Not far from Darby there's a place called the Four Winds. Home of the famous Ranger Burger. Not many can actually finished one burger, but definately filling and good.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

What happened to the Black Angus? (I think that was the name of the place but hell, it's been 39 years ago!!) Man was that steak good!!! :shock:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Ranger burgers are like Whoppers on 'roids. Just thinking about them gives me heartburn.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
judgeM
US Army

Ranger Burgers

Post by judgeM »

To all,

Since he lives in Columbus, I doubt we're going to venture to get Ranger Burgers (in opposite direction). I'm going to try to be all hooah the night before and do steak and mashed potatoes that can be reheated and/or broiled quickly.
Judge M

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Warriorwife wrote:Any advice on what a Ranger wants after training the first phase?

Food
Sex
Sleep
not nessesarilly in that order. :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Not far from Darby there's a place called the Four Winds. Home of the famous Ranger Burger. Not many can actually finished one burger, but definately filling and good.
x2, plus clean clothes. luckily I was married and lived in Columbus then, so yeah, things worked out. even moved the wife after desert phase on my 8 hr. called the barracks, told em what was going down from Bliss, and I had 10 guys and several trucks. it's good to be from BN.

get him a burger after graduation.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”