US Commandos Rescue American Hostage Near Kabul

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RTO
BANNED

US Commandos Rescue American Hostage Near Kabul

Post by RTO »

– KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) – U.S. Special Forces soldiers freed a kidnapped American working for the Army Corps of Engineers during a nighttime mission last week — a rare hostage rescue in a country where ransom abductions have become increasingly common.

The American, who had been working on U.S. government-funded infrastructure projects, was abducted in mid-August and had been held just 30 miles west of Kabul with no public notice of his abduction. The dangerous mission to free the U.S. contractor killed several insurgents, U.S. officials told The Associated Press.

Story Continues Here....
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Obama will claim it's his idea to use Special Forces in Afghanistan... :roll:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

42L5V wrote:Obama will claim it's his idea to use Special Forces in Afghanistan... :roll:

Who cares who takes the political credit. An American was freed and captors were killed. Seems like credit is already established. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
42L5V wrote:Obama will claim it's his idea to use Special Forces in Afghanistan... :roll:

Who cares who takes the political credit. An American was freed and captors were killed. Seems like credit is already established. 8)
Roger that, S'arnt Major. I didn't mean disrespect. Obama has already made clear his plans to shift to A-stan, and to increase Special Ops type involvement - that was my point.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92

Return to “The News Dump”