VA Disability Dilemna.

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

Re: VA Disability Dilemna.

Post by Silverback »

11CinaRSTA wrote: Also as far as free health care goes it will only be offered to OEF OIF Vets for 2 yrs after their ETS then I was told I could only go and be seen about things I was rated on. I hoped this helped some what
11C
I believe the time period is 5-years now, here's the message from VA:

Welcome home and thank you for your service to our country in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom!

VA is ready to provide health care and more to our newest veterans returning from the armed services. Here are some of the benefits VA provides —

* Five Years of Enhanced Health Care. You are eligible to receive enhanced VA health care benefits for 5 years following your military separation date. Whether or not you choose to use VA health care after separation, you must enroll with VA within 5 years to get health care benefits later on.
* Dental Benefits. You may be eligible for one-time dental care but you must apply for a dental exam within 180 days of your separation date.
* OEF/OIF Program. Every VA Medical Center has a team standing ready to welcome OIF/OEF service members and help coordinate their care. Check the home page of your local VA Medical Center.
* Primary Health Care for Veterans. VA provides general and specialized health care services to meet the unique needs of veterans returning from combat deployments.
* Non-Health Benefits. Other benefits available from the Veterans Benefits Administration may include: financial benefits, home loans, vocational rehabilitation, education, and more.

http://www.oefoif.va.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Post Service Issues”