Another starting for class 01-09

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Krystyna
Ranger Wife

Another starting for class 01-09

Post by Krystyna »

Hello Ranger's,

I wanted to give an update on my husband's status with his training.
My husband has graduated from Airborne and had his PT test for RIP today. He has passed his PT and will go on to start on Monday (27th) for class 01-09. As he goes on and I hear more, I would like to continue to post on his progress.

He has not be able to join this site, but the information I have been able to give him has been a great deal of help. It is all up to him now and what he makes of himself in the next few weeks.

Thank you for all your support and knowledge!

Edited: to add correct start date for his class
Last edited by Krystyna on October 15th, 2008, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tina

"If you have a point, please feel free to come to it"

"This is life, not a dress rehearsal!"
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Keep sending him letters and supproting him.

Good Luck to your other half.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Never Never Quit (and don't get injured)!!!

Just send him tons of letters, you know... the kind he can hold in his hand... they mean more than anything else in the world. Well, MRE cheese on a really sucky day goes a long way.

*** Edit to add***

I'm the only turd in the world that loves MRE cheese. Most other Rangers LOVE a fresh can of COPE!!! That will brighten even the DARKEST of days!

COPE=Copenhagen

8)
Last edited by GSXRanger on October 15th, 2008, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

GSXRanger wrote:Never Never Quit (and don't get injured)!!!

Just send him tons of letters, you know... the kind he can hold in his hand... they mean more than anything else in the world. Well, MRE cheese on a really sucky day goes a long way.
8)
No it doesnt! :roll:

Welcome here Lady. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Ma'am -

PM inbound.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Krystyna
Ranger Wife

Post by Krystyna »

Thank you Ranger Bravo57: I finally got a address, so I will continue with letters. I don't imagine thou he will have much time to read them.

Thank you Ranger GSXRanger: with my cooking the MRE's are actually a great thing for him :lol: I keep shouting that phrase at him "Never Never Quit". Heck, he can make it through this after being married to me :wink:

Ranger Rock Island Ranger: Thank you for the welcome!

Ranger 42L5V: Thank you for the PM!
Tina

IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

X2 on what JLTW said. You seem to be squared away Ma'am. Best of luck goes out for your husband.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Thanks for the sitrep. Just keep giving your support.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

he's a lucky man to have you supporting him this way. keep taking care of him, send the letters. he'll find the time when he needs them. he'll need them.

keep taking care of him, and he'll take care of you. then you'll one day look back and say where did it all go? I'm glad you were here for it.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

KW Driver wrote: keep taking care of him, and he'll take care of you. then you'll one day look back and say where did it all go? I'm glad you were here for it.
You nailed it.

Good on you ma'am, keep us posted.
Krystyna
Ranger Wife

Post by Krystyna »

Well my husband has one week completed! The class has went from 93 to 71, last I heard. I believe Cole Range is next week for him.

He told me of some of the PT he has done and I got a laugh at the imagine of them doing Kangaroo carries. I could not imagine how hard those would be, but the imagine was funny to me. He is sore, but he said it beats just sitting around and not doing anything.

During the road march they had to hold onto the person in front of them's ruck and that alone would be tough I think and then if you get a weak marcher, it just has a chain reaction on the whole line. For curiosity, I will have to look up how heavy their ruck's are.

He did tell me at one point, a thought had crossed his mind on how easy it would have been to just turn around and walk 2 feet to a van driving along them while doing a road march and then he mentally slapped himself and said... that is not a option.

Everything I have read on how easy it is for them to just give up seems very true. Me and him discussed, why even become a Ranger, if you are even going to give it a thought of giving up. I told him he must carry on, being separated for the time we have should be reason enough to carry on, besides the desire he has . He has worked too hard to turn back now.

He is determined and he has the right attitude. He is trying to stay around those who have the drive and desire he has and staying away from those who are complaining or are in a negative attitude.

I will post another update the end of next week, when I hear from them again.
Tina

Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Just let him know that it would be impossible for you to have sex with someone who would quit. That should be motivation enough for him. :twisted:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Krystyna
Ranger Wife

Post by Krystyna »

Ranger Slowpoke, I think that gave him great incentive to keep going! He got a laughed from it, until I told him that I really could not look at him the same if he quit.

My husband has completed Cole Range and will begin week 3 on Monday.

His class is down to 68 and more are expected to VW by Monday. Cole Range was accurate to what we both had read. He got about 4 hours sleep in the 72-hour period. From what he described, I am surprise he was able to talk or even function with everything they did. Between sleep deprivation, hallucinating, PT and mind erasers, I would say me getting my tooth surgically removed yesterday was a walk in the park!

Well next week he will do his Ranger history test, 5-mile run and BRM.
Tina

soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, The bus ride back to barracks from Cole Ranger is a pretty exciting time for RIP soldiers. The thrill of having Cole Range completed plus being asked your beret size for your Tan beret.. I can't imagine why you would expect more Vw's the following Monday. soldiersdad, Son 4 years 1st Ranger Bn now SFQC at Bragg

Return to “Letters from School”