Compensation

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Invictus wrote:
RRDTm3 wrote:
Invictus wrote: Why not be like everyone else? That seems to be in direct contrast with everything that title under your name stands for...but that's just me.

Unless your moral compass needs to be dx'd,

Moral compass? Are you fucking queer?

I got close to 200 static lines and many more free falls (fuck you Tenn Rgr)

Everything I got hurts at one time or another. I broke my hip, destroyed my shoulder, knees and back r killing me. My left left thumb has no game keeper ligaments (google it) and can't hear for shit. As I referred to others getting it and why not us..................WE FUCKING EARNED IT.

Not queer, but I can read. Maybe the VA can hook you up with some fucking contacts.

I'm pretty sure this piece you chose to overlook covered your rant.
you know if an injury is legitimate or not. If it is, then so be it. If not, then not. '
You need a hug or something big guy?
I have been having some issues lately with my temper. I have no patience.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

RRDTm3 wrote:
Invictus wrote:
RRDTm3 wrote:
Moral compass? Are you fucking queer?

I got close to 200 static lines and many more free falls (fuck you Tenn Rgr)

Everything I got hurts at one time or another. I broke my hip, destroyed my shoulder, knees and back r killing me. My left left thumb has no game keeper ligaments (google it) and can't hear for shit. As I referred to others getting it and why not us..................WE FUCKING EARNED IT.

Not queer, but I can read. Maybe the VA can hook you up with some fucking contacts.

I'm pretty sure this piece you chose to overlook covered your rant.
you know if an injury is legitimate or not. If it is, then so be it. If not, then not. '
You need a hug or something big guy?
I have been having some issues lately with my temper. I have no patience.
Lot of that going around lately, myself included...
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:Maybe Im fucking weird but life has its bumps and bruises....23 years produced a plethora of them. Knee's, ankles, arms, back....you fucking name it. And Ill be damned if Ill ask for money for having done what I wanted to do. IF the Govt was negligent and I was injured...sure. But in the normal course of soldiering one can expect some ramifications. I just cant make myself go get money that I dont feel entitled to. But thats me. Im probably too fucking proud or whatever. Ill make my own money for work I do or did.
I only did four but feel exactly the same way about it.

Not a knock on those who feel the VA should compensate them. I guess it's just a different perspective.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Guy grabbed me when I was ETS'ing, grabbed my file and saw my medical records. I have a bone chip in my right elbow, pads for the elbows and knees were not in style, and after 100 static line jumps many of which dropped me center line of a runway and one fucking retarded jump during an airshow at Savannah International that almost killed me and the guy said, "Oh, yeah we can get you some money for this elbow and you knees have to be fucked up".

Then he looked and saw the hearing loss in my left ear and "said, oh yeah this is more money".

I said, "are you fkking nuts?" I was basically a crook living on the streets of Houston, the Army provided me with more than it took and I could not imagine asking for a penny.

That was 10 years ago, every time I bump my elbow and every time I'm in a meeting and I can't hear the individual talking I can tell you it makes me wonder if I did the right thing.

I certainly won't find fault in anyone who has legitimate injuries and gets paid. Its just not what I thought was right at the time.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

My issue (one of many) is that some former Soldiers look at VA compensation as a "Kicker bonus" on their retirement. I've had more than one person tell me "You need to appeal 20% is bullshit". I'll say this, I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to serve and I did so without thought of post service compensation other than my normal retirement benefits.

I've got no heartburn for the scumbag that claims sleep apnea as a "Compensable Injury" nor do I have any issue with the person who claims the Army stole their ability to get an erection. I do have heartburn with anyone who with great turpitude will try and drag everyone who will listen into the game of overloading VA with a bunch of illegitimate complaints.

If you got your leg blown off you deserve 100% disability, if you cry yourself to sleep at night because your squad leader or drill sergeant was mean to you...you merely deserve a kick in the ass!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Look at it from the insurance side: if anything goes wrong that can even remotely be considered related to a service issue, insurance will not cover it and drop you for not listing pre-existing conditions. So, if your knee is jacked, then anything related to the hip, foot, or even lower back can be tied to that injury and insurance companies don't have to pay up. Don't look at it now, look at it when your 70 or 80 and all hunched over. By then, proving service relation is much harder to do.

You don't want some jackass insurance auditor singing, 'the foot bone's connected to the leg bone, the leg bone's connected to the hip bone...so you don't get no dough!'

Insurance companies are tightening up their standards with the aging of the Boomers and the push for 'lean' healthcare...but that's another thread.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03

Return to “Post Service Issues”