Being squared away...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Carboned114
Tadpole

Being squared away...

Post by Carboned114 »

I hear a lot about how important it is to be a squared away soldier. I would have to say im pretty squared away civilian, i keep my stuff clean, dont forget important shit, never late to work, shit like that. But could a RANGER please tell me how to be a looked upon in batt. as a very squared away soldier?
Last edited by Carboned114 on June 4th, 2003, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

The squared away guy is the one who everyone else wants to be like. He's the one who out-shoots, out-runs, and out-wits everyone else. He's the guy who's uniform is always dress right dress. His jump boots are the shiniest. He has more motivation (sincere, not acted) than anyone else. This guy NEVER whines. He shoulders more than his share of the work. He is quick to volunteer. He always looks out for his peers. He knows his shit and can teach someone else to know it. He's a stud. He has a good personality and a good sense of humor. He doesn't take flamings personal. This guy is focused on the mission...on the task at hand. He's the guy who you HOPE is standing next to you on the battlefield....and if he is, he's also the guy you KNOW will make sure you come home. He's the guy who lives the Ranger Creed.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Aside from what EP stated, I offer this:

The squared away one is the one who excels at what he does. He knows every aspect of using his weapon and handles it well. He also knows it's limitations and can position himself on the field to overcome those limitations to improve his advantage.

Aside from being a good soldier, he also knows how to formulate a plan. More importantly than merely formulating a plan, he follows it. He takes a long term goal and divides it into smaller short term goals, knocks those out and in the long run is far ahead of his peers, namely because he did not allow others to distract him from accomplishing the little goals because they were all stepping stones to a long-term objective. By not reacting to all the little shit people threw his way, he stayed focused and found himself way ahead in the end.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

Thank you EP and pneves. Those are two great reply's.
Master J

Post by Master J »

He always pays attention to detail,is willing to learn and is wise enough to LISTEN..even when it don't make sence.He is willing to do what is asked of him without bitchin.accomplish the mission,then ask why if you need to.learn from your mistakes don't repeat them.set your goals then achieve them,even if it takes 110 tries,or being recycled.And never,never quit.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

He has integrity... great way to sum it up for me leatherneck, thanks.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

So, Young,.....are you squared away now? :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

EarthPig2/75 wrote: He's a stud.
What can i say.... :lol: